x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 in 2021 (YouTube)

fwilhelm Page Icon Posted 2021-02-28 5:08 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

In (the doubtful) case you have not seen this, I think it is a pretty interesting view today of a 20+ year old device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ccKlvsHRi4

Which begs me to ask. How do you use your HPC today? What is your usage scenario?

Any comment is appreciated.

Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-02-28 5:17 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I use my 720 as a diary, as well s using it to do accounts and invoice so it gets used most days
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-02-28 11:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

I use my J720's most often to read/review wikipedia and other webpages/tutorials or listening to audio books converted to mp3 files in WinCE mode usually at bedtime but daytime also, having it charged on the nightstand. If I wake up in the night an audiobook like David Attenborough's (quite the British treasure!) recent Life on Earth..his lilting voice conks me out in minutes and I learn something in the process. Podcasts and youtube videos converted to mp3 (the talking heads type) too. I also practice some html and css coding using the stock browser (no javascript rendering possible though). In conjunction with ESP32 I use the J720 as a dedicated weather station with Temp/Humdity/Barometric pressure... or to control devices like watering sprinklers, turning pumps on, etc.

When in Devian mode with RaspberryPi I use it to download webpages/articles like wikipedia,etc.... which I use debian/Linux commands to save to the FAT partition to view later in WinCE mode. I also use it to practise /learn Debian/Devuan commands and apps and also to post comments online here at HPCFactor... using Firefox or Chrome.I can access any website even those requiring Captcha authentification. Sometimes I order items from Amazon. My posts here are the closest thing I have to a diary, haha. The slower paced display (in Devuan Linux) rendering of the J720 in my lap leads to (sometimes) more contemplative posts...or so I delude myself into thinking.

For my MP900's...Date Time clocks with changing CSS styles, audiobook listening,javascript coding basics, flashing roms, etc.

Edited by joval 2021-02-28 11:40 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-03-01 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I use my Jornada 720 right now to sometimes test some softwares from the past.
I want to set it up so I can use X11, I as I saw in other thread that there were files available from a server.

I also want to report if Devuan works with the Japanese version of Jornada 720.
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2021-03-01 6:39 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

My daily usage with the HPC (a Sigmarion 3 acquired from Yahoo Auction JP) involves keeping track of daily tasks using Oyajin, deskclock using DeClock, SpreadCE for tabulating work progress and invoicing purposes, JWPce for Japanese language training, Tombo for outlining new ideas, Listpro for databases archiving like home inventory, passwords, software registration info, DVDs and music collection, etc.

Occasionally, I would run Gameboy roms for a bit of nostalgia. Can't catch up with the present line of online games anymore, LOL.

My acquaintance with WinCe stems from earlier obsession with the Gui format that was used on Sharp Wizard and Zaurus PDA series, and later the Psion EPOC system. Unfortunately, My meagre collection of Organisers and HPCs, namely the Wizard IQ-7000, IQ-8000, IQ-9620, Sharp Mobilon 4500, Psion 5, HP Jornada 710, Sigmarion I, all died on me; wear and tear, display screens fading out or losing connectivity due to flex cable breaking being the most common causes. All these over a time span of 20-odd years.

Moving into the 60s age group, eyesight not as good anymore, I prefer to set the Sigmarion 3 's colour scheme to High contrast black, but it seems, some parts of the on-board PIM softwares won't change to 'white fonts on black', which is why I prefer using Oyajin instead.

I do not have suitable connection peripherals and drivers to use on the Sig3, so would be happy to keep it out of internet's way.

Top of the page
mulder666 Page Icon Posted 2021-05-23 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tengo una Jornada 728 completa, con muchos accesorios. Actualmente estoy tratando de configurarle la tarjeta Linksys (sigo buscando el driver wpc11v3_wince_dr.exe 1.7.37.1098 4.04 MB) - La utilizo para escuchar música y ver algunas peliculas. Tambien tengo juego instalados como el Quake, Doom, Duke 3D, Flight Simulator e instale le PocketRadio y me gustaria poder configurar wifi correctamente para poder escuchar alguna emisora. A veces la uso para editar o leer algo en Word.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-24 1:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

mulder666 - 2021-05-23 9:18 AM

Tengo una Jornada 728 completa, con muchos accesorios. Actualmente estoy tratando de configurarle la tarjeta Linksys (sigo buscando el driver wpc11v3_wince_dr.exe 1.7.37.1098 4.04 MB) - La utilizo para escuchar música y ver algunas peliculas.

Yo tengo uno Linksys WPC11 tarjeta. Para configularle es necessario a usar el driver por los PRISM typo de tarjetas.Puedas obtenerlo aqui en los "Downloads" parte de este sitio. Esperate... voy a buscarlo ahorita...

https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20088&po...

https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r={2A27FFA3-D1AB-4B7... Si tu unzip este file vas a encontrar Prism.2577.cab. que es lo que tu necessitas. Voy a incluirlo combo under archive adjunto.

Tambien, despues de installation es importante entrar " Prismnds.dll " quando miras la pregunta sobre nombre de driver en su Jornada 720.

Buenas suerte,

joval

Edited by joval 2021-05-24 2:19 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PRISM.2577.CAB (259KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
mulder666 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-30 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hola, muchas gracias. No habiá leido tu respuesta. Entonces lo que tengo que hacer es desinstalar los drivers de mi placa de wifi e instalarla nuevamente con el driver PRISM.2577.CAB? Y listo, funcionara así? Puedo navegar en un red wifi con seguridad wep? o debe ser una red abierta y pública? - Muchas gracias por tu ayuda. JM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-01 9:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Open, WEP64 and WEP128 should work
 Top of the page
mulder666 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-01 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cuando instalo el archivo PRISM.2577.CAB me sale el siguiente mensaje de Fatal Application Error "Application PRISMTA.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor"

Program: PRISMSTA.EXE
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 00bdf2ac

Luego me instala el programa " Succefully installed Intersil PRISM Wireless LAN for WinCE 3.00", pero cuando hago click en el icono PRISM Status me vuelve a salir el mensaje de error fatal de aplicación.

Que puedo hacer? ya lo desinstale e instale varias veces y siempre me aparece ese mensaje. Estará dañado el archivo? Estoy haciendo algo mal?

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 32