x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 power supply dead

null1024 Page Icon Posted 2021-03-24 11:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi! My Jornada 680's power supply just kicked the bucket.
No lights on the brick when plugged into the wall (tried two different AC cables), and the device doesn't charge.

Two three questions:
A: is there a fuse inside that might have blown that I could replace?
B: anyone know of a particularly good replacement supply, or do I have to just roll the dice on a random one? (eg, something known to be reliable and isn't likely to fry the machine -- I've bought enough terrible aftermarket power supplies and seen sparks fly; I know googling Jornada 680 power supply gets me a bunch of options)
C: honestly, a universal power adapter is looking kinda appealing, 12V, 2.5A, center positive are really easy to satisfy requirements, would this be a good idea?

Thanks!

Edited by null1024 2021-03-25 12:16 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-03-25 3:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I have a Jornada 680 and a Jornada 720.

Both units didn't come with the charger, and a universal power adapter worked just fine.
12V 3A one worked for me. I got mine for about $16.50 USD.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-03-25 11:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

IMHO, just about any "regulated" 12 volt power supply will work, even a 1 amp unit... just takes longer to charge, The only issue is the jornada plug size is smaller than standard 12 volt so may need an adapter or cut off the one from your old charger and hook it up to the new one... paying attention to polarity! If you have a docking cradle the larger standard 12v plug can be forced to fit without adapter. Look around you may already have one somewhere from some old device.. portable dvd player etc.

I made several using a 5 volt 2.5 amp cell phone charger and a cheap step up inverter... works well for Jornada. I posted it here a year or so ago. Maybe I can find the link..

Here it is : https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18630&st...

Edited by joval 2021-03-25 11:35 AM
 Top of the page
null1024 Page Icon Posted 2021-03-26 12:55 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

It's good to know that the machines aren't picky.
It'll probably be best to use a universal power adapter like stingraze, I guess.

Thanks for the info, both of you!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-03-26 1:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

you're welcome. I used the type where there are multiple dc plug types so I can use with other equipments as well.

Edited by stingraze 2021-03-26 1:10 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10