x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 770 keyboard to USB??

RyeWoah Page Icon Posted 2021-04-14 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I acquired 2 NEC MobilePro 770's a few years ago. One works great but the second one doesn't work. For one, the display ribbon cable is broken and I can see that the screen inside is broken as well.

I really like the keyboard and would like to remove the screen and make a DEX dock for my Note 10+.

Has anyone gotten one of these keyboards to output to USB?
 Top of the page
RyeWoah Page Icon Posted 2021-04-15 11:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

As an update, I have gotten the keyboard down to the matrix and am in the process of tracing and mapping them. I will upload the pinout when I finish it.
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2021-04-16 6:21 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there. I am also curious about getting a non-working hpc's keyboard to link to USB (microusb in this sense, because I also prefered these keyboards to the ones available online). I do not know anything about key mapping, but would love to do minor soldering to connect a Sigmarion 1 keyboard to my Android Tablet.
Bought a cover with keyboard with microUSB connection from eBay, but the typing experience sucks, making me go back to the on-screen typing.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2021-04-17 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

This shouldn’t be too hard to do. Most (if not all) of these keyboards has some sort of serial output (CLK + DATA). A few minutes with an oscilloscope should be enough to map the signals out. Next step is use an Arduino Leonardo (or similar with USB functionality) to read the serial data from the keyboard and covert that to HID USB on the other end. Done!
 Top of the page
robertojones Page Icon Posted 2021-04-18 6:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't know what sort of connector there is on the keyboards for these machines but on my 'HPC' project I'm using an Eee PC keyboard via this adaptor:

https://www.tindie.com/products/CRImier/eee-keyboard-to-usb-with-firmware-for-teensy20/

A similar principle would probably work for just about any keyboard where the connector is just the key matrix - I'd imagine this applies for most keyboards. Ultimately just connecting the key matrix to an Arduino-compatible microcontroller and setting it to emulate a USB HID keyboard (as has already been mentioned here) - Might just save a bit of work as this guy has already designed the PCB and had some made.
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2023-09-19 5:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Any update for this project?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 13