x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

"Gaming" H-Bomb: Create J720 WeekDayClock

1 2 3
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-07 8:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-05-07 10:26 AM

Looks like you are slightly over bounds as you have vertical scroll bars. Can you nip them in the bug using

html, body { margin: 0; padding: 0; overflow: hidden; }

Cicadas are storming the U.S.-- they're purported to be as loud as a lawnmower... do wish I could help out and "nip them in the bug" as you suggest!!! Which part gets the nip??

Thanks for the CSS tip! Oh, hey, you're right !! (Just looked it up ) Might work... However, remember these are Htm/Html files rendered on the J720 (PIE4 core based)FTX browser in full screen mode (ctrl-M). What you're seeing is the right hand scroll bar...somewhat narrowed by Tweaks2k2. It can be made narrower but then scrolling other programs will be near impossible.

I'll see if it works on the J720.

I really do appreciate all the many tips, suggestions, and general wisdom you continually offer. H-bomb has been great fun!

joval

Edited by joval 2021-05-07 8:48 PM

(CicadaMap.jpg)

(handy_cicada.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CicadaMap.jpg (11KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments handy_cicada.jpg (11KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Why the talk about cicada? Is it that rare in USA? We have them "singing" loudly in late summer every year here in Japan!
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 1:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Well, hard to admit it...I was wrong about PIE4 only rendering vbscript. Duh, if I had looked thru the menu bar under tools HBomb clearly shows all 3 choices of scripting... javascript, Jscript, and vbscript! None of these is very advanced given they are early versions, so when I tried rendering later javascript "getElementbyID().InnerHTML" and it failed I assumed vbscript was the only option. One tip off got me wondering was going thru the Pocket registry editor I found several entries for Jscript, Javascript 1.1, and 1.2, and Vbscript.

So now there is a opportunity to compare Vbscript to Javascript and see if I can split date and time up into weekday,day,month,etc.

Actually H-bomb has a good menu for Html with font options and ordered lists, list items, etc.

If nothing else this may lead me to write a review of H-Bomb' s features (as I sheepishly wipe egg off my face). Anyway, this just demonstrates that back in 2000 there was no defacto standard...so the J720 browser had to include all 3, which illustrates the historical vignette I recounted earlier in this thread!!!

Edited by joval 2021-05-08 1:28 AM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 1:42 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

stingraze - 2021-05-07 4:50 PM

Why the talk about cicada? Is it that rare in USA? We have them "singing" loudly in late summer every year here in Japan!

Evidently here they live underground sucking sap from tree roots for up to 17 years then undergo partial metamorphosis and swarm in a very noisey feverish mating frenzy that only lasts a few weeks... lay eggs and die. A true "Grand finale." Sort of like Salmon but much less noise and much more water. (They're called 17 year or 13 year Cicadas... whereas yours are the annual Cicada variety.)

To which I say, "Thank God we're human!!" Any seconds on that one??

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/brood-x-cicadas-a...

Joval

Edited by joval 2021-05-08 1:58 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 9:17 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yikes!

magicicada seem to come every 13 or 17 years...
I read a bit and that many cicadas are terrifying.

Yes, I’m glad we were humans. lol
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 9:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

JScript and JavaScript, unlike VBScript are care sensitive, so
getElementbyID().InnerHTML
will not work.
It has to be
document.getElementById('id_value').innerHTML = '';

Although that is poor coding.

It should really be:

var elm = document.getElementById('id_value'); 
if (elm != undefined) {
elm.innerHTML = 'hello world';
}
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 12:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

At my current age… a mating frenzy after 17 years of abstinance would be wonderful!
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 3:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2021-05-08 4:14 AM

At my current age… a mating frenzy after 17 years of abstinance would be wonderful!

Where's David Attenborough when you need him??!!! Is your heart healthy enough for that kind of thing??

Joval

Back posting today on my J720 /RasPi/Firefox hybrid setup

Edited by joval 2021-05-08 4:02 PM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 4:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2021-05-08 1:49 AM

will not work.
It has to be
document.getElementById('id_value'.innerHTML = '';

It should really be:

var elm = document.getElementById('id_value'; 
if (elm != undefined) {
}

Case sensitive...yes... still won't work on the Jornada but does on MobilePro 900c.

My coding too often IS like a swarm of Cicadas... needs lots and lots of debugging!!!

joval
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 6:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2021-05-08 12:14 PM

I somehow doubt that you would remember how to do it Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-05-08 6:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

joval - 2021-05-08 4:25 PM

C:Amie - 2021-05-08 1:49 AM

will not work.
It has to be
document.getElementById('id_value').innerHTML = '';

It should really be:

var elm = document.getElementById('id_value'); 
if (elm != undefined) {
}

Case sensitive...yes... still won't work on the Jornada but does on MobilePro 900c.

My coding too often IS like a swarm of Cicadas... needs lots and lots of debugging!!!

joval
So the matter to get your head around is that JScript (despite the name) is not equivalent to ECMA script. It is VBSCript with JavaScript like syntax. You have to use it in the same way as VBScript, using inline printing at the place you want to use it. The only way to directly manipulate the DOM would be to create an ActiveXObject() of Microsoft.XML and use MSXML to scan the tree.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-09 2:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

So the matter to get your head around is that JScript (despite the name) is not equivalent to ECMA script. It is VBSCript with JavaScript like syntax. You have to use it in the same way as VBScript, using inline printing at the place you want to use it. The only way to directly manipulate the DOM would be to create an ActiveXObject() of Microsoft.XML and use MSXML to scan the tree.

hmmm... you have me rethinking things as I thought PIE4 was developed too early for DOM rendering. W3Schools shows it working in all versions of IE so I will give it another try using your tip. H-Bomb will make it easy to test out your scripting examples, although PIE4 may not include the full IE functionality/DOM. Thanks again. :0

joval

posted from my Jornada/Devuan/RasPi/VNCviewer Hybrid

Edited by joval 2021-05-09 2:12 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-05-09 2:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE 3 is, however if you look in H/PC:Update, you will find an XML update for the 700 series, which will give CE 3.0 MSXML 2.5 support, which may mean that can call create ActiveXObject() to create a MSXML instance.

Although DOM crawling would be an exaggerated, very, very painful chore.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-10 3:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie:

As I am winding down on my fixation with Devian/Linux, having achieved most of what I desired (internet access/posting/music...which I am using to write this now via the compact "RasPi symbiosis". It leaves me with a greater appreciation for the value of WinCE 3.0 and its pleasant GUI.Especially so in offline mode... having played a role in making Dual-booting easier (here I take a bow before the audience ).

Thus, I am returning to learning/experimenting with HTML and browser scripting. I don't quite understand the differences between XML or the development history of such.

Eventually I will venture into that .NET arena, and then maybe WinCE where I am certain to need more of your tips and guidance.

As I see it, Platinum Membership is on the near horizon... feeling (whether true or not) that I have earned my stripes! Anyone ever been "demoted" from that rank?? Just checking, before I hit the submit button and commit.

I want to upload my version of Stefan's Devuan port with extra features... could use your help there. Just 2 files about 400Mb combined (370ish and 10ish), for partition 2 and 1, plus a file on instructions. Thankfully, Stefan gave the OK to do so.

Thanks in advance !

joval

Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-10 3:37 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2021-05-08 4:14 AM

Rich, That's why I included the Map. So get moving!!!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.220 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 9