x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

"Gaming" H-Bomb: Create J720 WeekDayClock

1 2 3
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-05-18 12:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

joval - 2021-05-07 5:17 PM

Well, hard to admit it...I was wrong about PIE4 only rendering vbscript. Duh, if I had looked thru the menu bar under tools HBomb clearly shows all 3 choices of scripting... javascript, Jscript, and vbscript! None of these is very advanced given they are early versions, so when I tried rendering later javascript

Naive me! PIE4 only renders VBScript I thought that since H-Bomb showed javascript and Jscript the J720 must render all 3. Not so!! Seems H-Bomb runs on multiple WinCE devices some of which have browsersthat render the other scripts.

So, now wiping more egg off my face for doubting
myself (only vbscript works with J720 PIE4).

So Bill Gates is in the news: Some say all those years of marriage have worn his Hard drive down to a micro-soft floppy disk. Oh, Behave!!! (maybe this should be in the humor thread-- I'm actually sorry the marriage didn't workout--- I just couldn't resist the "Austin Powers level" joke)! Me bad! Hope I don't get banned.

joval

posted from my Jornada 720/Devuan/RasPi "hybrid"

Edited by joval 2021-05-18 1:10 PM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-09-27 12:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Speaking of "gaming" the HPC, all the effort in learning Devuan/Linux ie, partitioning, extracting tar files, learning command line, getting WPA wifi to work, installing Window Managers, using apt install for programs, and on and on... well, seems like what my son does when he spends hours on line battling various foes, picking up this weapon, or magic amulet, etc.

Just as addicting at times, going down this or that "rabbit hole", can't set it aside, need to try one more thing, etc... So now I understand... just saying.

( Regarding H-bomb: My MobilePro 900's used as Date Time clocks have been of great use... now approaching 2 years).

Joval

Edited by joval 2021-09-27 12:34 AM
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-06-05 3:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

joval - 2021-05-07 11:39 AM

stingraze - 2021-05-07 5:36 AM

joval - 2021-05-07 9:48 PM
Oops I just noticed date month is incorrect here--vbscript off by a month, will fix)!

You must have made a time machine as well

Last thing I remember, someone said,"Just step into this innocent-looking phone booth... nothing to fear here..."

OR, the other option:

As the vault opened, Sheldon appeared from inside as a holographic image: "The good news is the Galactic Foundation will survive on Trantor in a parallel universe , however, Time will be warped by exactly one month. Set your watches accordingly."

Well, that is what happens when you mistakenly use Weekday numbers 1-7 (Friday =6) in place of Month numbers 1-12 (6=June). Also, seems that CSS background color "Gold" might be more accurately labeled "Urine Trouble."

Joval

It's been over a year since I posted this... funny... caught in a time warp of sorts.

One concern was burning out the the backlight using J720 as a 24/7 clock. Now, with recent LED backlight upgrade, no longer a concern... will give it a try as screen is much brighter so easier to see even if small.

Getting devuan-linux optimized for the J72(8) and using VNC connection to RasPi4 or 3 has been much like "gaming the HPC" encountering numerous beasties along the way and overcoming each. But wow... It works so nicely now and is much easier to get up and running.

For blogging or posting it is so nice... convenient... I do hope others "get here" someday/someway. Pretty amazing IMO... even I forgot how good life can be with a Jornada back on the net in a full featured way!!

The only trouble is sometimes the wifi card/ Connection manager can be quirky... but that will be worked out... in part cuz I change wifi cards around and different mac addresses goof things up.

The "gaming" goes on... but we're all winning in the process!

joval (from a J72(8)LED/Devuan/WPA/RasPi4 hybrid)

Edited by joval 2022-06-05 3:23 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8