x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 620LX doesn't start

1 2
FBustamante Page Icon Posted 2024-03-13 9:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is it possible that the switch is on the closing trigger?
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-13 9:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Mmmmm, once opened, the hinge is not but a steel bar (right hinge) and a plastic rod (left), inside there's the two ribbons for the video and the Led which is in the middle of the unit, that also works for turning off the alarm. I have to study how it works...

Edit: obviously, my english is not so good, sorry. Of course, I'll take a look to the closing trigger...

Edit 2: there's a missing part, some kind of pusher that, once the hook in the lid snaps, pushes a metal piece that enters in contact with two metal wings.

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-13 10:30 PM
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-14 6:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Here's the missing part.

The photo it's not the best, but you can see the PCB through the hole, instead of the latch that keeps the lid from opening and that (supposedly) make the metal parts enter in contact and thus turning off the screen...

Or suspend the unit (I bet this option is what happens, but I'm not 100% sure).

I'll take photos of the PCB this afternoon.

If someone has an image of that piece, please, would you post it here? I could make a copy of it with spare plastic parts, or with epoxy clay, using that image as reference.

I the other hand... If this part is missing, I understand that you must turn off the unit not trusting that it will suspend if the lid is closed, but, will it keep the unit from turning on if absent?

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-14 6:13 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-14 6:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-14 6:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Mmm. That covers only the screen. , I have used this info for my first disassembly.

https://oldcrap.org/2022/07/17/hewlett-packard-620lx-palmtop-pc/

IDK what kind of modifications are done to that 620 (look all those tiny green cables soldered here and there!, even they have added components to the PCB ).

Sadly, there's no guide on how and what to do and find...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-14 6:37 AM
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-14 7:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I surrender. I've got a nice paperweight. One day I'll try to fix it, but, for now, ain't got the time neither the skills to make this work.
 Top of the page
Modelist Page Icon Posted 2024-03-15 12:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Green wiring and additional parts are for correcting errors on the motherboard. This is an early version. Then the errors were corrected and a new revision of the motherboard was made. So this is one of the few models that have several (in this case I know two versions) versions of the motherboard.
 Top of the page
Modelist Page Icon Posted 2024-03-15 1:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'll leave this here. Perhaps it will be useful to someone for repairs.
The HP 620LX turns on absolutely fine if you completely remove the battery and backup battery and plug in the AC adapter. The indicator glows green and does not blink. Sometimes a message appears indicating that the backup battery is low.

(IMG_4.jpg)

(IMG_5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4.jpg (89KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_5.jpg (96KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-15 3:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Modelist - 2024-03-14 6:08 PM

Sometimes a message appears indicating that the backup battery is low.

I think a way you can bypass this is one of the following
1-another user mentioned in a different thread that if you don't dismiss the backup battery message, but simply tap and drag the window off the screen to be as "hidden" as possible, it shouldn't bother you again (as long as you don't soft reset)
2-You may be able to try these programs I list below to see if they let you edit that setting (or there may be a registry setting to do so, but I'm not familiar)
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1037/Tillanosoft/SmallTweak/version_4....
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/806/Frank_Garcia/Tweaks2K2/version_2.0...
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-15 5:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Torch, and Modelist!! but I tried all that and more, and I'm afraid the problem is worst than expected, because the unit won't turn on. It's time to put it in expert hands. Meanwhile, I can enjoy my 360LX
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 31