x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How can I sync Windows CE 2.0 with Windows 10?

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-07 8:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like you need to update your devices list in your profile
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-07 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

HAHA !

I will, id add my Sharp ZR's to the list but theres no option. Ill take pics and as I said i plan on doing some videos reviewing these different units. Im also gonna do videos on the upgrades I do etc. Glad I got my Dell Lat 2120 working with XP SP3 thru VM, id never messed with VM before. Ive been using Apple laptops for like 13 years now, Last MS OS i had experience with was 2000 and for a hot min Windows 7. I just bought this Dell 6 months ago or so, wish I could upgrade ram past 2gb but I put a SSD in it. Has Linux and Windows 7 and now XP thru VM. Making a lot of use out of this netbook haha.

I keeping eyeing a few color units, but I like the greyscale units. So my collection shall stay at that for now, Velo 500 I almost bought recently :-( . Id always wanted that model, I owned the Velo 1 back when it came out. Always wanted the bigger screen haha. But im happy with my 360LX right now ;-)

-Walt B
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-07 6:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Don't forget to plug HPC:Factor in your YouTube videos and promote there here: https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20044&po...

And you'll get your Groupie Badge
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-07 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Def ! Gotta give you a shout out, I am grateful this place exists :-)

Woot Woot :-)

I will hopefully do my first video this weekend and ill post a link at that addy :-)

-Walt B
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-15 10:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So I need to find the spec for Active Sync, but it's on my list. I'm doing some Windows 10 USB stuff presently so its the right timing. I actually want to get it working for RS-232, but I'm guessing with an abstracted transport layer the code is likely mostly the same (i.e. the sync logic) Figure it would be nice to have one Universal Sync app that could speak Active Sync, Hotsync, T1-85, etc.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-16 8:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not sure there was any formal documentation for how it works. For serial, it creates a PPP session and a 192.168.50.1/2 IP socket. You'll need all the WinCELoad hooks for app installation plus the POOM and file transfer handlers at least.
It would be incredible to have a universal client, I am not even sure s Windows 10/11 has stack support any more. I've not had to look into it since 7 arrived.
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-17 1:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just ordered a sync cradle for this HP 320LX which is serial, I figure its may be a port sniffing adventure. I messed some with the Palm Hotsync way back in the day. My guess is the format is similar. Start with a blank device, add on contact, sync. Etc. The big one is likely just being able to push down files.

One of my other hobbies is trying to reverse engineer an old VTech PreComputer. Digging in the CD that came with it it was just using Active Sync itself. May test with that. I suspect the larger issue is getting the PIM stuff to sync right.

At this point I've ripped apart Palm PDBs, Blackberry backup files, etc. Likely more of the same. Again, I just want one app that has modules for what I need and is not going to go obsolete. I have a number of USB to serial cables that work quite well on modern devices.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8