x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP900c: Tips and Tricks

1 2 3 4
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-24 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Dear Friend! Thanks for referring me to this proprietary thread. What I don't know is how to find the update kit from your main support page. I can't locate your support page.... could you tell me how I got there? thank you
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-24 8:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Support > H/PC:Update
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-24 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks C:AMIE! I'm going to try to update with the ROM kit CE4.2 + bootloader 4.10 and I'll let you know how it goes.
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

good evening. I tell you that I was not successful. I started the installation of the update and after a second I got the following message... attached image. I don't know how to continue... heelp
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well... after changing the CF card for an older one and repeating the process, the MP 900 started updating BL and then OS... it finished the process and asked me to do a hard reset...I got scared for a moment because the MP 900 didn't react again, but I was missing doing the hard reset... I did it and it turned on !!... testing the new system. then I will try the firm Cmonex 2.0
Excellent!!

Edited by Hilacha_007 2022-05-26 11:00 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 11:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You forgot to attach the image.

Did it show any errors during the bootloader flash? If the ROM flash failed, it doesn't matter. If the bootloader failed or you interrupted it, then it will be bricked.

Try pulling all the power, batteries, leave it for 20 min and try powering on again
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 12:46 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2022-05-26 3:02 PM

You forgot to attach the image.

Did it show any errors during the bootloader flash? If the ROM flash failed, it doesn't matter. If the bootloader failed or you interrupted it, then it will be bricked.

Try pulling all the power, batteries, leave it for 20 min and try powering on again

Hi Guys,

No, it's booting so he didn't brick it... he only upgraded the bootloader and now needs to update the OS. I will repost my last message... please read this:

For Hilachas_007's request for help on the MP900/c CMonex v2.0 ROM upgrade:

Here are the files needed, they can be placed on a CF card format as Fat 32 (Fat16 NOT required), in this recommended order. These are all from the repository ( http://repository.hpcfactor.com/public/cmonex/ ) as XIP_CMONEX_V2_0.zip download... which INCLUDES the bootloader upgrade already:

UPDATE.exe ..... starts the update beginning first with bootloader, then V2.0 Rom Image
UPDBL.NBO ...... contains the new bootloader 4.1 image
XIP.Bin .............contains the new CMonex_V2.0 image

That's all you need
(the Bootloader P530_42 2.02 + 4.10BL isn't needed, is redundant and complicates things, IMO). Anyone disagree??? Rich Hawley is the expert maybe he will (anchors-a-) weigh in!

Copy these files to at least a 60MB CF card formatted as FAT32 in the order shown, place the CF card into the front CF card slot.

On AC power or full battery, Turn on your MP900/c and navigate to storage card, and click on UPDATE.exe.

A new screen appears with a progress line and bootloader comment. It automatically checks for the bootloader and will start its upgrade to v4.1 (if needed... if already v4.1 it will say bootloader not found) and proceed to updating CMonex V2.0 image.

It will say Welcome to Cmonex V2 and then slowly erase the old image and then slowly update new image. Takes a few minutes then says "Update complete, please hard reset device (ie., unplug AC, remove main and backup coin battery... then put batteries back in, etc.). Don't forget to close the battery latch.

Reboot and the new CMonex 2.0 image/logo should show up.

In some cases: on Reboot all you get is a dark black screen and you might think your MP900 is bricked... but it isn't. Just unplug the AC, remove all batteries, place CF card in the CF slot.... then press BOTH C and F keys (C+F) down and plug in the AC power, hold them down and release in a few seconds... soon the Bootloader line on top of screen will show and complete the upgrade as per above. I just double checked this on one of my MP900's.

Enjoy,

Joval

Addendum: FYI, I think CMonex's directions have a few errors... like FAT32 CF format works fine, also, all the scary warnings about the bootloader being correct ... I believe she wasn't aware that the upgrade program has a safety factor that automatically checks for it before erasing the ROM. I have included the details on the C+F trick also should things go wrong.

Now.... I have successfully upgraded MP900 (and MP900c's) to Cmonex v2.0 or just stock CE.net 4 and later I have reversed the process and reverted back to the HPC WinCE 3.0 bootloader and HPC2000 OS and back again. I've experienced the black screen on reboot at least twice and used the "C+F" key press to recover.

So.... Again, all you need ... get from http://repository.hpcfactor.com/public/cmonex/ as XIP_CMONEX_V2_0.zip:

UPDATE.exe ..... starts the update beginning first with bootloader, then V2.0 Rom Image
UPDBL.NBO ...... contains the new bootloader 4.1 image
XIP.Bin .............contains the new CMonex_V2.0 image

Run these and it will do the job... it does take a few minutes so be patient.

Best regards,
Joval

Edited by joval 2022-05-27 2:12 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 7:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@Joval he's edited the post since I replied, the original post said he did it and it would no longer turn on... (because he didn't pull the power)
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 2:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2022-05-26 11:17 PM

@Joval he's edited the post since I replied, the original post said he did it and it would no longer turn on... (because he didn't pull the power)

Oh...yes, it does lock up until one does a "hard reset"... all batteries and power unplugged. I did mention that but didn't highlight it... will fix. Your reply was spot on then.

Joval

Edited by joval 2022-05-27 2:10 PM
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello friends!! Thank you very much for your help!!! geniuses! I couldn't attach an image because it asked me to be a certain size and I couldn't shrink it. but if!! I managed to update following the instructions to ROM CE 4.2 + BL 4.10. Now I'm going to try to update to Cmonex 2.0 ROM and see how it goes.
From what I see, I did one more step, but I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attach the necessary files to the update to update from CE 3.0 HPC2000 adding BL 4.10 (now I understand better).
On the other hand, I wanted to tell you that my MP 900 had burned the polarized filter of the display. i got one on ALiex, but the picture is not the same. I'm going to try to get a used display to replace it.
In my country I don't get anything like this. I'm seeing if I buy one from Ali

(IMG-20200617-WA0022.jpg)

(20220526_185051 (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG-20200617-WA0022.jpg (93KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 20220526_185051 (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg (64KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

As you can see... after changing the polarized film, the image is no longer the same, it's much more saturated with contrast and lacks sharpness... that's why I'll try to get another display. the model is SHARP LM8M64

(IMG-20220521-WA0084 (1).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG-20220521-WA0084 (1).jpg (87KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 8:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Think I mentioned it in a post years ago (15?)...you can use the MP 900 series lcd cable and plug it into a screen/digitizer from a MP 770/780/790. You have to slightly mod the placement of the inverter board since it isn't centered, and the active side of the connector, the foil contacts part, is reversed from the 900. But it is doable and pretty easy with a dremnel tool to just grind a little of the lcd lid away to offset the inverter board placement.

The older 7XX series had a thinner digitizer and to me was more responsive than rhe 900 series.
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-27 9:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Rich Hawley. the truth is that in my country it is very difficult to get any model of NEC Mobilepro, if not impossible... but thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I find..
 Top of the page
Hilacha_007 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-28 5:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried to switch to Cmonex 2.0... and it was already updated... any suggestion to put necessary programs in it? Thanks again!!

(20220528_005259 (1) (1) (1).jpg)

(20220528_005416 (1) (1).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20220528_005259 (1) (1) (1).jpg (49KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 20220528_005416 (1) (1).jpg (53KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-05-31 12:56 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hilacha_007 - 2022-05-27 11:27 AM

As you can see... after changing the polarized film, the image is no longer the same, it's much more saturated with contrast and lacks sharpness... that's why I'll try to get another display. the model is SHARP LM8M64

I assume you know how to change contrast with the "alt + >" and the "alt + <" key combo.

Good to see you are quite capable of taking the screen components apart! I also have one MP900 with a very defective diffuser... I'm thinking of using one from an old LCD monitor and cut it down in size. I intend to try converting the MP900 to an LED backlight in the future also, like I have on the Jornada 720.

Joval
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 12