x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compaq iPaq PCMCIA Expansions

Matthew311 Page Icon Posted 2021-06-29 1:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

First-time poster glad to of finally found a community still interested in CE! Anyways, are there any good places to get CF or PCMCIA expansion cards for the Compaq iPaq series? I've been looking for LAN connection ones, but couldn't find any. I couldn't even find any with storage expansions. Any resources/links to any type of expansion would be greatly appreciated. I live in Canada but am fine with ordering worldwide.

Thank you in advance!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-06-29 5:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Off Topic

Our site focuses primarily on clamshell-style handheld devices with keyboards, the Windows CE versions of which are given by Microsoft the designation of Handheld PCs as a separate category from Pocket PCs like the iPAQ. I trust at least a few of our fellow members, however, will be happy to offer any suggestions they have.

Speaking for myself, nowadays I generally look to eBay to find CF cards for either storage or WiFi. I'm not aware of an iPAQ model that can accommodate the larger PCMCIA cards, though adapters allowing connection between PCMCIA cards and CF slots do exist (I know because I bought one once). Again, I'd look for those on eBay.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-06-29 8:28 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Hello Matthew311, eBay is the best place to look, if you have Canada specific auction sites you could look there. I wasn't aware of any CF to LAN cards but definitely you can get Wifi CF cards. If your iPaq has bluetooth you might be better trying to connect that way depending how old it is
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-06-29 12:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Which iPaq do you own?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9