x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Easy Devuan J720 install from disk image!!

« Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
Saidp Page Icon Posted 2022-04-24 5:36 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello Joval,
This is amazing work! Can you please make a 2 GB version of the Devuan image? Some of us don't have 4 GB flash cards. Also, I am getting an error while unzipping the 4 GB image. It says "headers error". If you could host 2 GB version, that would be great. Thank you!
 Top of the page
marko Page Icon Posted 2022-04-25 7:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

marko - 2022-04-23 12:41 AM

Thanks!

Looks like the 32 GB image is broken; I get an error of archive end of file not correct when I open it. The 4 GB open no problem.

If I have a larger card than 4 GB, can I still flash it with the 4 GB image?

I tried again the 32 GB image and still no luck. Although I assume that what is in that image is mostly the same of what is in the 4 GB, right?

As far as expanding the 4 GB to 8 GB; I ended up using the previous 8 GB image you made, and replaced the content of the partitions with the 4 GB content. Problem solved

I tried to use an Orinoco Agere wifi card with Linux, but it does not seem to be working; I will try with a LAN card instead, so I don't have to battle with the wifi encryption and such. I may need to be online mostly to get packages
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-04-26 4:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Saidp - 2022-04-24 9:36 AM

Hello Joval,
This is amazing work! Can you please make a 2 GB version of the Devuan image? Some of us don't have 4 GB flash cards. Also, I am getting an error while unzipping the 4 GB image. It says "headers error". If you could host 2 GB version, that would be great. Thank you!

I haven't tested the images from HPCFACTOR, will try to do so in the next 2 weeks and correct things... time permitting. Thanks for the positive feedback. I never thought we would ever get these little beasties on the internet... so , yes rather amazing. Thanks mostly to Stefan's great work on the Devuan kernel, on WiFi connection manager, on Zram, Bx patch, etc.

Joval
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2022-04-26 4:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

marko - 2022-04-24 11:28 PM

marko - 2022-04-23 12:41 AM

Thanks!

Looks like the 32 GB image is broken; I get an error of archive end of file not correct when I open it. The 4 GB open no problem.

If I have a larger card than 4 GB, can I still flash it with the 4 GB image?

I tried again the 32 GB image and still no luck. Although I assume that what is in that image is mostly the same of what is in the 4 GB, right?

As far as expanding the 4 GB to 8 GB; I ended up using the previous 8 GB image you made, and replaced the content of the partitions with the 4 GB content. Problem solved

I tried to use an Orinoco Agere wifi card with Linux, but it does not seem to be working; I will try with a LAN card instead, so I don't have to battle with the wifi encryption and such. I may need to be online mostly to get packages

Sounds like you know what you're doing. The 32Gb (actually 31Gb) is the same but auto boots into desktop with startup of Jornada config. Which is really nice.

Some C.F. cards don't work see Stefan's site. I haven't tested the downloads from HPCFACTOR yet... maybe some issue in copying from my sugersync site... the 4Gb image works with any size 4Gb or larger and Timos Jornada-config will automatically resize to max it out. His site has details.

AFAIK, WPA WiFi is only possible with prism based cards with firmware upgrade to version 1.7 or 1.8 such as Netgear MA 401 or LinksysWpc11(version3 or less). Your router must allow wpa/wpa2, etc.

I'll try to get some screen shots up eventually. Enjoy.

Joval

Edited by joval 2022-04-26 4:56 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 9 - Executed queries : 62
Server Time now is: Tuesday, 17 May 2022 - 22:54