x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Found a rugged HPC2000 unit, Panasonic,

[Frozen]
Frozen
thegadgeteeer Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 1:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,

I came across this on Ebay, looks a very nice HPC2000 from Panasonic, and it is new. I searched the web but little info, only know it is ruggedized. As the OS seems to be lack office application, is there anymeans we can copy some files to it and a make work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5795167675
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Seems like an older CF-P1.

Here's the current P1, with the XScale, WM2003 for PPC etc.
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail...

Bascially the one you found on eBay probably sucks, because it has the same low res portrait screen as PPC, but runs our out-dated unsupported HPC2K platform. The CPU is a "classic", altho that's not a huge problem as I have the same and it's plenty fast. Also a good thing is that these rugged devices will not likely die from an accident, like our "civilian" devices sometimes do

TBH if you like that form factor, you can buy yourself an iPAQ 4350 for that money on eBay and probably be a lot happier.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 2:42 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I believe there are programs that you can copy files from ROM with, (total commander does that, right?)

Anyways, I believe that you can only legally do so if you own a H/PC with those files...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

WTM - 2017
Thread suspended and awaiting merge
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 17 - Executed queries : 54