x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Adapter PC Card - Firmware File

ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 6:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi,

I'm hoping some kind soul here can assist.

I've got a Cisco Aironet 350 wifi PC card. It has firmware v.4.25.30 on it.

However, I need to get newer version 5.30.17 (or higher) in order to use it on my Jornada720 running linux.

Filename: 340-350-PCMCIA-LMC-PCI-v53017.exe

Unfortunately, Cisco has the most bizarre support system I've ever seen and up to now, I cannot after repeated requests from their support group, download the file.

They now say I need to contact a reseller and buy a contract and then I can download the file. This is absurd to me.....it is old file and is just a tiny 0.12 MB file.

So, is there anyone that has this file (or the newer one v.5.60.17) and can send it to me?

Would be greatly appreciated!

If so, please send me a private message here and I can give you my email address.

Please note I checked the download section on forum, but unless I missed it, only the driver files are hosted here, not the firmware files.

Thank you.

Mark

Top of the page
can't remember Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 7:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

From their firmware section I have 340-350-PCMCIA-LMC-PCI-v53017.exe (for Win 98, ME, NT*) and 350-PCMCIA-LMC-PCI-v56021.exe (Win 2k, CE, XP*). I also have a DOSDriversv204.exe (for DOS). And many other files I managed to get from the Cisco website, it wasn't easy, so if you need any other files from there just ask me, I may have them. I'll see if I can attach the files here (edit: no luck, I'm limited to 100kb max, I'll find some other place to upload them and post the link).

Link: https://files.catbox.moe/8pm8hj.zip (sorry for the weird host, it's the only one I know with no ads and no weird restrictions, the .exe are self extracting files so if you don't want to run them you can extract them with 7zip or WinRAR, they contain an .IMG file with the firmware except for the DOS drivers .exe).

* I am not sure how Cisco came up with that classification, they are just firmware .IMG files.

Edited by can't remember 2021-07-14 7:31 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 7:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

THANKS!!!!

Will let you know how it goes....

Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 8:56 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

ArchiMark:

I have the driver and wifi app file with firmware upgrade if you need it. Incredibly easy to extract and install on the MP900c.

Ebay had the Aironet 350 "new" for about 12 bucks... so I purchased several... all were version 4.x.x and easily upgraded. On the Aironet app, do not use a "profile" use host configured (or something like that)... to get WPA for the MP900c==> Choose the x.xxxSA1101 driver, not xxxxhSA1101 driver for MP900c.

joval

Addendum: attached is the firmware file for the upgrade, let me know if you need the Aironet app files/cabs.

Edited by joval 2021-07-14 9:01 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 50C56021.IMG (128KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-14 9:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

With 'can't remember's' great assistance via PM's....finally got the firmware upgraded!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks Joval for your kind offer to help and input.....

This is why I love this place.....so friendly and helpful!

Best,

Mark
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-07-15 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Humm, that is weird. We used to have all of these in the download centre / HCL... but they seem to have vanished somewhere between 2004 and now.

For posterity, I have put them back. So can be found in the HCL / Download Centre too - the latter having the usual inflated.zip files so you can bypass needing a Win32 system to get at the contents.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-15 2:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for doing that, C:AMIE....

Anything will avoid others having to go through the madness of dealing with Cisco like I did (probably 6 rounds of emails...) is a good thing.

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-16 2:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

joval - 2021-07-14 12:56 PM

ArchiMark:

I have the driver and wifi app file with firmware upgrade if you need it. Incredibly easy to extract and install on the MP900c.

Ebay had the Aironet 350 "new" for about 12 bucks... so I purchased several... all were version 4.x.x and easily upgraded. On the Aironet app, do not use a "profile" use host configured (or something like that)... to get WPA for the MP900c==> Choose the x.xxxSA1101 driver, not xxxxhSA1101 driver for MP900c.

joval

Addendum: attached is the firmware file for the upgrade, let me know if you need the Aironet app files/cabs.

Do you know which driver file to use WPA on J728? I don't have MP900C....

Thanks.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-07-16 3:42 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Unfortunately, the J720 only supports WEP encryption in WinCE mode, even with updated firmware (using the xxhpcSA driver and app).

There is a xxxSA driver and app which works with the MP900c and WinCE.Net 4.2 devices. I haven't tried it on the J720, but am doubtful it will work, but as the J720 is a Strong Arm (SA) devicemaybe there is a hack. The MP900c supports WPA with a number of wifi cards: Aironet 350 v >5.0, Netgear MA401, Ambicom 54WL for example.

Now, there are tricks such as connecting an old WEP router to you home router (can have dhcp conflicts though) or better just to use a wifi extender with wep on client side and wpa2 on router side... in either case you just plug them in when needed and unplug when done (to keep your home network from being hacked). Sort of a wifi-bridge mode wep to WPA.

Then there's Devuan Linux...ntware and Stefan were able to set up WPA_supplicant and have WPA using the Aironet 350? and Ma401 cards. I haven't sucessfully gone down that rabbit hole... yet, but intend to in time.

The bike ride was great, by the way, churning aquamarine waves and glistening sunlight.. but I am dog tired out!.

buenas suerte, amigo...

Joval (posted from my J720/ethernet/Devuan/RasPi hybrid once again)
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-07-16 5:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for all the info.....

MP900C files won't work on J720 due to different CPU chipsets.

Yes, ntware got his Aironet 350 card working on WPA....hence my efforts to get mine working too.

Hope to get it sorted out over the next few days.

Best,

Mark
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-08-14 10:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

ArchiMark - 2021-07-15 9:43 PM

Thanks for all the info.....

MP900C files won't work on J720 due to different CPU chipsets.

Yes, ntware got his Aironet 350 card working on WPA....hence my efforts to get mine working too.

Hope to get it sorted out over the next few days.

Best,

Mark

Mark,

Do you know which Linux driver the Aironet 350 would use and how to install it on Devuan? The present connman set up doesn't recognize, but should work with proper driver, me thinks. Thanks.

FYI just found this and also have CD that came with card, so will try and get back to you: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-340-wire...

Joval

Edited by joval 2021-08-14 10:37 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-08-14 11:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Joval,

Realize now that I did not post the response I got from ntware regarding his use of the 350 card.....he clarified that he never got the card working with WPA network. I misinterpreted his forum post.

As for linux module, think it is called 'pcmcia-cs-3.1.26' per screenshot of terminal window on Cisco page.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-340-wire...

Although on same Cisco page it says version 1.5.000 of Cisco's Linux driver currently supports versions 2.2.x and 2.4.x of the Linux kernel. Go figure.....

Anyway, would be great if you can manage to get it working.

Mark

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 28