x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to sync

paulfiction Page Icon Posted 2021-07-21 9:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi I have an compaq with windows ce 1.0 I have cabs and exe software but I havent dock where can I get a wire or cable to sync
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-07-21 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Does your Compaq have a Compact Flash card?

If it does, you can transfer files to your Compaq via that.
 Top of the page
paulfiction Page Icon Posted 2021-07-21 12:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes I have cf card, but I cant read cab or exe files without sync...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-07-22 2:58 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I don't quite get what you're trying to do, but if it's syncing you want, just get the sync cable. It might be rare, but try ebay.

If you only want to read .exe, just copy and paste the file to your Compact Flash card (Make sure it's FAT 16) then put the Compact Flash card into your Handheld PC. ( https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0044.asp )

Open File Explorer in your Handheld PC, and select the Compact Flash card (It should be Memory Card or similar). Then run the .exe from there.

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2021-07-22 3:00 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-07-22 7:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have cab files, I am afraid to report that they are for CE 2.0 or above. CE 1 doesn't support cab installers.

Please check compatibility carefully in the SCL.

Your best bet to get sync working would be a fairly inexpensive infrared adapter hooked up to your legacy PC or VM.
 Top of the page
paulfiction Page Icon Posted 2021-07-22 12:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Where can I find the infrared adaptar?thanks
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-07-22 3:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
They've become more and more difficult to find. Ebay is prolly best bet; I never see new ones on Amazon, etc.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-07-23 9:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Like Jake says, try eBay . There isn't much demand for them these days, but it's more likely you'll find an IrDA adapter rather than the serial cable..
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-19 3:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

While digging for my CF reader I stumbled on one of my old serial IR ports. Likely going to try and get a Win95 VM talking to that (USB to Serial adapter) and slap it on the serial port sniffer I have coming today. I would suspect if I can get at least some of the back and forth going it would be easy to find a more modern IR connector. The only issue is that most of the stuff out there these days is geared at IR blasting to TVs. I miss the days when you could just 'wirelessly' fling data at someone. It felt like we went a bit backwards on the Bluetooth front (not because we had to, just that the support for BT on Windows proper was always quite pathetic.. and got worse again on Win 10)
Grated USB adapters are going to be more 'fun' to code for, but a lot of those just end up mounting as a UART (serial) device _anyway_. USB to serial cables are quite cheap these days, the issue is figuring out the chipset/driver, but that two is something you can cheat and look at the hardware/vendor ID when you plug it in.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28