x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[REQ:Global] HP 360LX Rom Module

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-18 2:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey there folks. I just got a HP 360LX but its in Portuguese, there is no way to get english on the unit. Ive been looking for a broken 360LX, but people want more than a working one for a broken one lol. I didnt know if anyone on here may have a broken one or a english rom module. Thanks

-Walt
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2021-09-18 5:36 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Will a 360lx rom module work on a 320lx? I have an English 320lx. If you want, I would be happy to exchange the rom modules if they are interchangeable. Since I’m native from Brazil and speak Portuguese, I would love to have a Portuguese HPC
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-18 5:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey there :-)

The 320LX Rom wont work on the 360LX sadly, I guess the hardware is different enough that drivers dont match up. But thanks tho, wish it would work, would of been a perfect trade ! :-)

-Walt
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-09-18 3:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Edited post title to comply with posting rules
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-19 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Someone on Ebay has a Rom module for upgrading your 320LX to Windows CE 2.0. Wants a lot of money for it, but I have not seen one of those in years. Just thought id let yall know.

Still trying to track down a broken 360LX for the english rom module, but as I said people are trying to sell broken ones for $85-130. Crazy.

The search continues ;-)
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2021-09-26 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

WallyB110 - 2021-09-17 9:33 PM

I just got a HP 360LX but its in Portuguese...
-Walt

Hi Walt,

I take it you don't speak Portuguese... Seriously, I have what you need. I have a 360LX with a broken hinge that's been sitting in a closet for years and I'm probably never going to get around to fixing it (I'll just recycle the body). So, I can send you the ROM board, as well as the port covers and stylus (you might as well take those as they're probably getting rare at this point). Also I have the dock and AC adapter, if you want those as well.

As for payment, it will cost you a cup of coffee. Since the coffee would probably spill if you mailed it, how about you buy a cup of coffee for a total stranger? It can be for anyone, as long as you don't know them. Also, you would have to pay for shipping from Canada (sorry, but shipping from here can be expensive).

Does that work for you? if so, let me know.

Rick
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-27 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Awesome ! I just sent you an email.

YOU ROCK! :-)

WOOT WOOT !

Thank you Thank you

Yeah I dont have a dock or serial cable or a AC for mine. I was trying to transfer stuff thru a IrDa to USB hooked up to my computer, but no luck. I did get a 4mb CF card so I can at least back my documents up on that and then use a card reader etc.

Id love to have any of the parts, incase something on mine breaks etc. Ill def pay shipping, do you use Paypal ? Or how would ya want to do that.

Oh wait lol I just said I sent ya an email, so well discuss this there ;-)

-Walt B

I am so excited right now !
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-27 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Here are my Palmtops

Sharp ZR-5000 (Im looking for a ZR-5800, has backlight)

^ this is for sale

Sharp ZR-3500X (I love this PDA, backlit, 14.4 modem)

^ I have one for sale (I own two)

HP 360LX

Here you can see its not in english, in the above pic I renamed the icons so they were in english.

I own a Compaq C140, but I cant find it. Last time I tried to use it the hinge was just done and Im afraid to open it up.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-09-28 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Big thanks to Richard ! :-)

WOOT WOOT !
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9