x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Simple PocketWord to rtf convertion

blauhut Page Icon Posted 2021-09-23 6:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I was goofing in pocket word in my WinCE-2.0 and download some example files, I tray to open this documents directly on opensoftware (libreoffice), but I falied, also I download a same file in rtf format and 'voila' I can open the file. After thad I open both files with a simple editor and found this:

Heading of pocketword document:
{\pwd2\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033

Heading of rtf document:
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033

So I replace 'pwd2' with 'rtf1', change the extention to 'rtf' and now I can open the file as rtf format. Maybe you can try this cheap trick to see if you can use your pocketword documents as rtf documents.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-09-23 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
That's a great find. Thanks for sharing it.

FWIW, TextMaker (by Softmaker) can open/edit/save in both PPC and HPC PocketWord format. I'm almost positive that this file converter is even in TM's free versions.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-09-24 3:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It is, Jake. I have a free older version of SoftMaker Office on one of my PCs, and TextMaker opens PWD documents just fine. (Of course, Pocket Word for H/PC Pro and H/PC 2000 both reads DOC files and allows you to save in that format.)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2021-09-24 2:14 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Thanks for the confirmation, CE Geek.

Jake
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2021-09-26 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

That's a pretty interesting find. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pocket Word format is just the RTF format without OLE support, which makes sense, so that's why they use a different signature, just to make sure that you can't embed OLE objects in a Pocket Word document.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2021-09-27 10:05 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

That is interesting, I had no idea that softmaker office could natively open pocket word docs!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10