x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gameboy Emulator on Windows CE 2.0

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-01 3:49 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Having no luck trying to install any of the Gameboy emulators on my 360LX. Not sure what im doing wrong. Programs wont open, I get an error like its a file the unit does not recognize. Also having issues installing any of the Dos for CE programs. Im pretty up to snuff on doing this stuff and i dunno if I just dont have the right version for the 360? It says its for CE 2.0 and SH3. So im lost lol. Just thought id see if any of you have any ideas to try.

Thanks

-Walt
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-01 11:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What specific apps are you trying? Please post the SCL links
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-02 5:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 6:55 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Hi WallyB110,

Try installing the PalmGB via Activesynch. Don't just extract and run it from the directory you extracted it from. I get those fatal error on my 360LX too, but when I synched and followed the instructions I don't get that Fatal Error even when switching from a different GB ROM. Also I found out that the older GB Roms like less than 1Mb ROM works. I have two Zelda Ocarina of time, one is when I had back using my iPaq H5555 and that was 1MB (GameSharks days); this version didn't work with Fatal Error. I found another which was an old 512Mb version and that one worked, I use the no sound one version of this PalmGB.

I hope this info helps; assuming that you've also installed the Handheld PC 2.0 SP1.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 8:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ocarina of Time was a N64 game, it won't run on a Game Boy emulator.
 Top of the page
Ameowli Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

But if you want a Zelda game that does run on a GB emulator, try Link's Awakening (1993).
 Top of the page
null1024 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-07 10:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Gnuboy definitely won't work on that device, but PalmGB might. It might also be extremely slow if it does run, so temper your expectations.
You'd ideally run the installer (on the desktop machine, with your H/PC connected), although I have no idea how well that works on a modern machine. I just copied the files onto my device and did the rename -- but my CE2.0 machine is an LG Phenom and not an HP360LX, so there is small a chance these steps won't work.

You should be able to get it to run if you copied the files from the .zip onto the device.
Remove the .SH3 extension from any files in the PalmGB folder.. Make sure Hide file extensions is turned off (in Explorer on your H/PC, go to View > Options, and Hide file extensions should be on the bottom).
It should have a .EXE extension when you're finished, and you can just run it.

PocketDOS also has an installer that expects to be run from a desktop system.
If you can't get the installer for PocketDOS working on your system, you can still get the files out by extracting them from the installer with 7-Zip on your desktop.
With 7-Zip installed, right-click the PocketDOS setup .exe and go to 7-Zip > Extract to (name of file), which will give you .CAB files that you can copy onto the device. Open them up on your H/PC to install them.
You'll want to install at least the .CAB files for FreeDOS and for the SH3 version of the program.

PocketDOS will also be VERY slow once it is running -- it's quite slow even on my Jornada 680.

Edited by null1024 2022-03-07 10:50 PM
 Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-06-01 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Whoops, I meant Zelda Link's Awakening. Took me long to reply
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-01 7:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

archival36 - 2022-06-01 6:57 PM

Zelda Link's Awakening
best . game . ever
 Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-06-02 6:34 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I know right? I found a bug on the ROM Game of Zelda Link's Awakening, DX version, the bird boss at the top of the tower. The big bird kept looping back and forth and the boss can't ride on it's back. I remember having this bug before and I forgot how to fix it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-02 6:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I played through the DX version once, in an emulator. Never found that bug. I was an OG gameboy user with it though on actual hardware.
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2022-09-22 10:56 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Some H/PC will refuse to open files in binary mode in order to prohibit you from reading Windows CE's binary files.

Hence the fact, it can trigger bugs. I don't understand either why it sometimes doesn't want to run apps that are SH-3 compatible.

I cannot tell more about this problem.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-23 1:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Usually if you can't binary read a file on CE, it is in ROM.
SH3 binaries not running on SH3 devices usually means the API level is wrong or a dependency is missing.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10