x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 360LX review

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-15 8:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Heres a quick look and review of my HP 360LX (my fav Grey Scale PDA) ! :-)

There were a few things I forgot to mention in the video, so I thought I would mention them here.

Unlike the Philips Velo, I have never had issues with a hinge on any of the 300 and 600 series HP units I have owned. Again the docking station design really can help the longevity of the hinge system. All about support ;-)

I like the keyboards on this series of palmtops, some of the units that were out from other companies and continued coming out had keyboards that it seemed was last thought and not even tested by the right audience etc before coming to market. They were not ment for speed with typing or comfort, so even the best of the best, found themselves looking at the screen to see 15% of the keys they pressed in the past page of typing did not input lol! Madness I tell you ! haha

HP 360LX is also very durable as oppose to other units from the day I have either owned, or been able to mess around with over a long enough period of time. That was one + of working @ Compusa, we had all this stuff everywhere !!! Lunch break was a quick smoke and then go mess with gadgets. Also working in the tech debt I got to mess around with taking these apart and what not, really concerning thing was a majority of these units had terrible hinge designs. Even Apple had issues with their hinge on the Emate 300. With all the knowledge we had, how the hell we couldnt of done better is beyond me.

Anywhoo enjoy :-)

Top of the page Quote Reply
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-24 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Gonna have a new video up this week on my Sharp ZR-3500X ;-)
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 8:42 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I like the white backlight too, but not my other HPCs with green backlight (ie Casio A11 w/2mb, Casio A20). The white backlight is better and I last long, playing in PalmGB, using Quicken 8 for DOS under PocketDOS, typing my notes or keeping track of my finance using Pocket Excel 2.0. I also think using the compact flash consumes less power than the PCMCIA slot for storage.

Thanks for the video review.

Edited by archival36 2022-10-17 8:42 PM
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10