x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How late do we go on this site?

cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-21 3:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Was digging and I found an Intermec CN50 in the pile. It's Windows Mobile 6.1 (I think, need to find the power cable ) That would technically fall under Win CE 5.0. Are we concerned with any of the later models or are they out of scope? I noted it's not in the hardware list. (Windows Phone 8 was the backend shift of the 'NT' kernel no?) Sadly I don't have any of the Symbol units I worked on anymore. I do keep watching the auctions for what I can pick up on the cheap though.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-10-22 10:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We don't deal in any Palm-sized PC lineage devices here. That includes Palm-sized PC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, Pocket PC 2000, 2002, 2003, 2003 SE, WM5, WM6 or Windows Phone.

We are a H/PC 1.0, 1.01, 2.0, H/PC 3.0 Pro, HPC2000 and Windows CE core 1.0 through 7.0 shop for the Microsoft world.

I had no interest in the keyboard-less devices and if I had re-orientated the site. As with every other site on the web, H/PC content would have been doused by evolving PPC content and later bandwagons and long-since forgotten about.
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-22 2:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Fair enough, asked and answered. It is amazing, given the vintage of this HP 320LX how capable it is with the 640px wide screen and the keyboard. (Granted it also cost and ARM processor and a leg back then) It makes the limits of the OS a bit less limiting than the on the palm sized devices. On this unit a CF card and a PCMCIA card fit and look normal. On a palm sized Casio of the like they just made it look comical. I think that's part of why Palm was crushing it in the PDA space before they decided to implode.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-10-23 1:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Therefore:

Moved to Off Topic
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9