x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

At someones suggestion, here is the HPC factor railcar!

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I started this and as mentioned, I created this at someones suggestion (I cannot remember who exactly). Its a rolling billboard if you want to put it that way!

Note, its a draft currently and I wish to name it too. Perhaps after the owner of the site? Any comments, suggestions, changes needed, etc? Atleast I have another advert to make the railcars more colourful, one of these days, I need to make a sheet with the railcar number and a preview of the livery!

Oh damm, my glass is empty! (Previous contents: Tescos branded Cream Soda!)

EDIT: Note, 100% made from scratch, all I did was copy whats on the site and interpreted it into my own way!

Edited by Wessex_nut 2005-08-06 4:42 PM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 5:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh my, that rules! hahahahahahaha

Terrific work!

I had to have a go quickly in a window of 10 minutes

(wes-mod.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wes-mod.jpg (34KB - 23 downloads)
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-08-06 10:46 PM

Oh my, that rules! hahahahahahaha

Terrific work!

I had to have a go quickly in a window of 10 minutes

I knew you like it! Oh and by the way, if you are clever enough (although in many graphics programs, it may not be able to create acceptable results!) you could partially cover over the windows!

Anyway, here's the texture file if you fancy fiddling around a bit more, there are 2 pieces missing, which I will add in the morning (hopefully!). Also, for realisim reasons, yellow patches must remain (Health & Saftey Executive requirement) and the doors must be a different colour to the rest of the body (Poorer Eyesight Act requirement!).

(Note the Coca Cola livery, which I haven't defaced completely yet!)

One thing before I go, since you have the images, may I please have a copy? These should help me create my version! Also, what font did you use? I tried looking for a simliar font, but ended up making the letters from scratch (Taking 3 times longer!).

Soo many trains, not enough money to build them!! Sometimes, I wished my designs hit the mainline!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-06 7:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I thought about going over the windows, but I think things like that are just irritating.

I've emailed you my PSD.
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-07 7:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-08-07 12:43 AM

I thought about going over the windows, but I think things like that are just irritating.

I've emailed you my PSD.

Thank you for the PSD!

I had a look at it and thought "nice!!!". It has also given me some insparation for the next trial version "told you it was a draft!

Now, as for images..... I meant an unmodified one for the MP, and a few others you may want to put on. Then again, shall I use that remote Jornada that ws on your site a while ago?

Oh wait!! I just thought, I need my dads camera for the next excersie, because if I clean up my MP real good and use paper as my background (I am glad I got some A2 paper!), I might be able to do it myself. I'll have to see. The only other thing, windows logos, that would be an interesting one and err........... any other images you want to stick on.. err sorry! Vynal on!

As for going over the windows, not always true, I wish I had a pic of that "Recyling Bus" (has a Portsmouth all over recyling advert on one side!) which can demostrate, that even if you cover over the windows, it doesn't intrude the passangers vision. Unless you do waht "First" do, that is stick on non transparent vynals over the windows, which do get irratating!

Megabus (partial covering of the windows) example:

The price at the back of the bus and the figure that covers the front window isn't solid! Instead, it is printed in the way that if you made it out of pixels, the image of alterniting pixels (transparent and soild for every 2 pixels) would look like this:

I wouldn't suggest using this partially across the window as when I used one megabus example, it made my eyes go funny, because of the difference between fully transparent and partially transparent.

(also, as I was writing this message, I also tried out the "noise" modifier in Paintshop Pro, this is the result when I exported the same image with the noise modifier added as a single colour transparent PNG file:
)

Comments?

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-07 7:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hey,

I'll shoot you the MP image in a little while.

You've got me intreagued here...
Soo many trains, not enough money to build them!! Sometimes, I wished my designs hit the mainline!
Do you actually do this for a living, on real vehicles?

Your noise modifier is just a diffused dither on an alpha channel. It's not even anti-aliased... could do with softening out a bit IMO.

We'll have to have a sit down and design a proper site livery!

Great work.
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-07 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-08-07 12:58 PM

You've got me intreagued here...
Do you actually do this for a living, on real vehicles?

No! For fun, I jsut wished they existed! My rail company is another dream, which may prove viable in reality. Transport in Chichester is lacking, but create a frequent train service at a decent speed, avoid the A27, take it right to the centre of town (using tramways) and you should have a service that is fit for the customer! I mean, if every company could take you to direct to the centre of your local town, who needs the car?

Anyway, if you think some items would be great for the challenges that BR posesses, then try submitting them to the TOC's? I don't think its a good idea, because many companies have trains that are less than 20 years old, or those that are older, they are undergoing refits/refurbs. (Southerns Class 455's for examples are well worn and tatty, so is the new interior! SWT's '455s are the same, but the interior is brilliant!) and then there is the interest from the manufactures to make it work, if they wanted to. Anyway, I better stop rambing.
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 7:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

oh my gosh, that is the coolest thing ive ever seen!
Im speechless
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10