x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[REQ:<World Wide>] Nec Mobilepro 450

1 2
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-29 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I do not have any cables that look like this

This is the 450 serial port. I just got it in the mail. I took this pic. But I gotta run and do some stuff. When I get back Ill post more pics.

-Walt B

The docking station has the same, it almost looks like a velo connector... I boxed up my velo for sale.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-29 8:43 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-29 7:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Other than missing a rubber foot and the serial cable this is on great condition.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-29 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Its amazing to look at the hinge design and notice it looks like a mini version of the 700 and 900 series. I love seeing how and where these products came from with the older units. Some things they kept on future models and others disappeared like the wind that blows around.

-Walt B

I had to add rubber feet to it, although the ones I have are small, they are just bigger and seem like maybe they should be on the front of the unit. Having taller feet makes the unit want to fall back when the screen is pushed back to where I want it. But take the feet off and it doesnt do it lol. I found the same issue on my 360LX, put the feet on the front if they are a lil taller than the original ones and it will stop the unit from moving when ya type, but it does lift the keyboard.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-29 7:51 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-11-30 12:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Oops...not DB9 but the old 14 pin connector...now I remember...doesn't use Activesync but the old HP/C Explorer to link with...

Hard to believe how many years have passed since my first one
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-30 3:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

^ Very true.

I have to say I was skeptical of the keyboard on this. Let me tell ya, it is nice. The space key has a click to it (no not the sound effect in windows ce), a physical click. I typed a few paragraphs and there were zero mistakes. I cant say that about the Velo 1. The keys being rubber would seem like a draw back, but no. It seems all the keys kinda click, but the space and delete, shift, tab, enter etc keys seem to make more of a click. So as your typing you are NOT guessing if you pressed the key hard enough. Very very cool.

-Walt B

First Con i have with the 450 is the screen. At the top, the way it was designed the screen sits in. But unlike the Compaq C-120 or the A-10 design which if you look at it doesnt leave a shadow. The 450 does leave a shadow on the top of the screen. Also the screen is my least fav of my grey scale collection. It does a number on my eyes unless its in the perfect lighting. The backlight is ehh on this unit as well. I noticed that the Casio A-11 and Compaq C-140s I have a much easier on the eyes. The 450s gloss screen def doesnt do it any favors.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-11-30 5:26 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-01 4:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Heres the Velo and the 450 connectors. Pretty close but no cigar.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-05 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Id like to see what Windows CE 2.0 looks like on this unit. So im hoping to come across a rom upgrade. They def made them, I remember they had a sale on these (close out) and they came with Windows CE 2.0 rom and I think they ended up being 8mb.

Still have not found a serial cable. Found a few with the right connector but the other end was not it and its not an end you can find and adapter for. Still on the look out.

I dont want to judge this unit quite yet.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-05 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If anyone with a 400 unit needs a screen I found two on ebay.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8