x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

VGA output PCMCIA card

ChronicSmurf420 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-15 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm working to create new YouTube content from Windows CE devices, HP Jornada in particular. I have a 680e, currently but may end up upgrading to a 720 or 728 if I can get a good deal. I remember HP used to make a PCMCIA VGA card specifically for these devices, Model number HP F1252A. Unfortunately, the supply on those cards has seemed to run dry. Is anybody aware of alternative PCMCIA cards which would allow VGA output from Jornada?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2021-11-15 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If I remember correctly, those cards couldn’t not mirror WinCE screen. They were used particularly for ppt slides and a few other use cases. I don’t think you’ll be able to capture WinCE screen using those…
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-11-15 11:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Just as rare and hard to find...Colorgraphics and Voyager made pcmcia/compact flash vga output cards. Mobilepros didn't need them as they came with a VGA out port.

If capturing live video is needed...SOTIPocket Controller will mirror your HPC to a desktop window for capturing...and it is built into the software. But it requires you to have the ability to Activesync your handheld if I remember correctly.

And all the cards did mirror your HPC screen in 640x240 format. To get 640x480 required special software such as Conduit Pocket Slides which was like Power Point presentations.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-11-15 11:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I checked the Hardware Compatibility List and

Colorgraphic Voyager VGA CF Card CRDVGACH131 came up.
It says it has been tested on Jornada 728 though. Not sure if it will work on 720. But it supports Windows CE 3.0.

https://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=249

Edited by stingraze 2021-11-15 11:48 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-16 9:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ChronicSmurf420 - 2021-11-15 9:06 PM

I'm working to create new YouTube content from Windows CE devices, HP Jornada in particular. I have a 680e, currently but may end up upgrading to a 720 or 728 if I can get a good deal. I remember HP used to make a PCMCIA VGA card specifically for these devices, Model number HP F1252A. Unfortunately, the supply on those cards has seemed to run dry. Is anybody aware of alternative PCMCIA cards which would allow VGA output from Jornada?
As Stingraze says, the HCL is your friend. Do have a proper look around the site, there is a lot here.

If you create YouTube content, don't forget to mention hpcfactor.com and post your video in this thread https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20044 to earn your community YouTube groupie badge
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2021-11-16 10:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

You might want to consider getting a HPC with VGA output already built in, such as a Jornada 820!
 Top of the page
ChronicSmurf420 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-18 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@ntware Thank you for the reply. Sad, that the OEM solution would not be useful, in my case.

Edited by ChronicSmurf420 2021-11-18 4:58 PM
 Top of the page
ChronicSmurf420 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-18 4:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@Rich Hawley, software could be a solution once I get Activesync working.
 Top of the page
ChronicSmurf420 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-18 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@C:Amie It's an honor. I found this site through YouTube comments, actually. My channel will be revolving around old PC hardware/software and it appears this is the place to be for my old PocketPC needs! I should have content up before the holidays; amassing more devices to my collection and getting to know the ins and outs of PocketPCs.
 Top of the page
ChronicSmurf420 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-18 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@Karpour Hm. The 820 has built-in USB, too. I feel so inadequate now. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for a decent, working unit.

Edited by ChronicSmurf420 2021-11-18 5:19 PM
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2021-11-19 9:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ChronicSmurf420 - 2021-11-18 5:18 PM

@Karpour Hm. The 820 has built-in USB, too. I feel so inadequate now. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for a decent, working unit.
J820s are great. Built-in VGA out, USB, nice keyboard and easy to setup and run an (old) linux OS from the cf-card. As with many of these old devices the hinges can be a little fragile after all these years.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9