x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Frusteration

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I want to apologize for a few posts I made.

I usually have a lot of patience with computers... But recently I have had a lot going on in my life and sometimes the small things get to me more than the big things. I am a musician, I play and perform across the country up until a few years ago. I fell and broke my shoulder and elbow, that was 2 years ago... finally my insurance was willing to do and MRI (yeah it was that long for me to wait and go thru agony).

12 years ago I had a hand surgery that took my feeling away from my finger tips in my right hand. I am right handed. It took me a long time to figure out even how to hold a guitar pick and smoke a cig etc yet alone be able to do a lot of the things I took for granted.

I use to build and repair computers back in the late 90s and early 00s. Id been into computers since the 80s but the 90s is where I really got into them. I started my own LLC when I graduated college, but first I worked at Compusa and thats where I decided im good and started the LLC. I did that until i was too busy traveling performing music.

Early on i connected with members of the Grateful Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Jerry Garcia Band etc. So thats what I did til I got injured. Dec 8th I have one of many surgeries to repair my shoulder. Since it took so long for them to "find a problem" lol Ive damaged my shoulder worse than most baseball pitchers do over their whole career.

My point of all this is to say I am sorry that stupid CF/SD card adaptor made me bitch n moan. You guys dont need to hear that and I dont need to publicly broadcast that garbage. So im sorry. Just thought maybe introducing myself a little here and that may help haha

Take care yall

-Walt B
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 1:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi Wally,

Apology accepted.....even though I didn't see your posts....

We all have bad patches now and then.....

Hope your situation improves soon....

Best,

Mark

PS. Fellow guitar picker here....was pretty darn good back in the late 60's through early 80's....was in several bands from rock to jazz, then life got in the way....

Been trying to get back up to speed the past several years, but it's hard after so long of hardly playing....

Got a nice Vintage Jerry Donahue V58DAB Tele-knockoff with custom Cavalier pups in it...plus my trusty ol' D'Angelico archtop with Fralin floater for jazz....and an old '70's classical.....and my lil' Vox amp.....

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 7:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can relate, Wally. I'm going through a particularly difficult time myself right now that is potentially affecting my whole future. Very little is going right for me right now.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 10:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I wouldn't fret it we all need to blow off steam. Just as long as we're nice to each other, that's what counts.

I hope that you can start to work towards a resolution and at least you have some hope. We don't always have the opportunity for a hopeful outcome, so cling on to it.

If nothing else, misery loves company, so you're welcome to join us in the club by the looks of it.
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 1:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Wally,

Actually, Having wrestled with several faulty SD to CF adapters myself over several weeks, I can assure you your response was quite muted!!! Ugh, ArchiMark knows this as well. Clearly not you fault.

That dreaded "Format the storage card" and no files after copy... over and over again...

Calling it Frusteration is being far too kind, IMO. I admire you for your self control!!! That experience approaches the biblical "gnashing of teeth"!

Cheer up, my friend, do not regret your response to a most frusterating experience... others would have thrown the thing (?HPC) against a wall, I sure contemplated it a time or two.

Thank's for sharing your history and health challenges. I wish you well in your future corrective surgery and recovery. I know of several folks who had great outcomes from such surgery, reconstructions or shoulder implants! The future looks brighter than appears...

After you get "fixed up" do send a tune or 2 our way. Maybe teach ArchiMark some new tricks.Thanks in advance for that.

best regards,

joval ... on J720 (stock 32Mb)/Devuan (Stefan's latest kernal!)/RasPi4/Firefox hybrid HPC
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-11-24 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks everyone, means a lot. :-)

Heres my bday show from bout 10 years

Donna Jean and T.C. of the Grateful Dead, Scott Guberman of Phil Lesh n Friends and Mark Karan and Kenny Brooks of Ratdog were my special guests that night. Im the singing lead and playing guitar in this video, theres more somewhere.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10