x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey there yall. Today i had surgery on my shoulder, i broke it two years ago but finally they did an MRI back in Oct and there were a lot of issues. Torn tendon, 8 pieces of bone (as big as 6cm around) were in the joint and i had worn out the bone in my joint like what a baseball pitcher gets (think Doc Gooden). So they took out bone chips, took bone from another place in shoulder and used screws (6 total) to hold pieces of bone and reconnected the tendon. Was a 6+ hour surgery. Went in at 5am and just got home about an hour ago. So far i still feel the blocker so im in no pain, but that wears off in about another 6-10 hours and im gonna imagine this will hurt.

Phew typed that one handed haha

Just thought id let yall know what was going on with my right shoulder etc.

-Wal B

Take care everyone
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 2:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Great... Good for you! They fixed you up... now instead of being a "train wreck" shoulder wise... some might say you're "just all screwed up." In times of need, could become a handy alibi?

May you have a quick and not too uncomfortable recovery! Physical therapy in the near future? Right or left shoulder?

Nice job on the one handed typing. Hope wiping goes well too...

Joval
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 3:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

joval - 2021-12-09 2:23 AM

Great... Good for you! They fixed you up... now instead of being a "train wreck" shoulder wise... some might say you're "just all screwed up." In times of need, could become a handy alibi?

May you have a quick and not too uncomfortable recovery! Physical therapy in the near future? Right or left shoulder?

Nice job on the one handed typing. Hope wiping goes well too...

Joval

LOL!

On the 16th i have my post-op appointment. Its my right shoulder, already have had surgery on wrist and collar bone years ago. Now this and in Jan i have to have elbow surgery as well. By March or April i should be pretty good to go with shoulder and mid to late April my elbow should be good. Stinks all the surgeries on my right side and im right handed, thats why i was trying post as many videos as possible before this. No way ill be doing much playing or building guitars as well as taking Palmtops apart. Glad i have baseball cards to fall back on ;-)

-Walt B

I have no issues with wiping lol!!!. The surgery i had on my hand/wrist about 12 years ago forced me to become almost ambidextrous with stuff, i still have no nerves in my right fingers after that surgery in 2012, so you learn to find news ways of doing things. :-)

Edited by WallyB110 2021-12-09 3:45 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 8:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Glad to hear you got out and got through it okay. Fingers crossed for you that the pain remains an inconvenience and not a major incident.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 5:09 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi Walt,

Best wishes to you for speedy recovery.....

And hope you will be able to keep making your great videos.

Mark

Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wow! Glad you're on the mend. Assuming the screws remain in your shoulder, you might take a little longer getting through TSA security the next time you fly.

I'm scheduled to see my doc for shoulder issues next week. I doubt mine are as extensive as yours - I'm amazed you were able to get by with it for 2 years!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2021-12-09 7:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Let's see...complicated intensive shoulder surgery with months of rehab...or hemorrhoidectomy...

Which would I rather have...hmmm...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2021-12-10 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

WallyB110,

I hope you are recovering well.

Take care!

-stingraze
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2021-12-10 9:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2021-12-09 11:17 AM

Let's see...complicated intensive shoulder surgery with months of rehab...or hemorrhoidectomy...

Okay, now I know why Rich can be such a pain in the . . . uh, okay, moving on . . .

I see a neurologist on Monday to see if I need carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. (The same surgery on my dominant right hand was my 58th birthday present back in 2018. )
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-12-10 12:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2021-12-10 9:24 AM

Rich Hawley - 2021-12-09 11:17 AM

Okay, now I know why Rich can be such a pain in the . . . uh, okay, moving on . . .

I see a neurologist on Monday to see if I need carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. (The same surgery on my dominant right hand was my 58th birthday present back in 2018. )

It certainly explains why he's so crabby all the time... can't sit, can't stand, can't reach out to hit me
 Top of the page
radiance32 Page Icon Posted 2022-02-25 9:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Happy to hear your surgery went well...

I had surgery approx 7 months ago, I had to have my gal bladder removed as it was filled with large gallstones,
and it was quite painful. So i had a "cholecystectomy" operation.

I basically fell asleep just seconds after they injected me with Propofol and I woke up 5 hours later and felt REALLY GOOD, like a million dollars...
That stuff is the best

After a couple of months of strong painkillers until I was fully healed and out of pain,
my doctor started the slow reduction of them and I spent several weeks with opioid withdrawal and in pretty horrible agony...
That was probably the hardest part of the whole thing, quitting the painkillers after recovery...

Cheers,
Radiance
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-02-26 2:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's why I don't like taking narcotics. After the carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand three years ago, they prescribed hydrocodone for pain in the healing area, and I held off for several days but finally had to take it because I couldn't use my right hand with the pain - not good when one is right-handed. (Fortunately, I didn't have difficulty discontinuing the hydrocodone as I had feared.)

Yesterday was fun for me. Had a cardiac stress test, which meant time on the treadmill. Don't have the endurance I had when I was younger.
 Top of the page
radiance32 Page Icon Posted 2022-02-26 3:14 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I think it depends mostly on how long you're on them.
If it's a couple of days or up to 2 weeks or so, it's pretty easy to stop using them,
you will feel bad, but it's doable...
But if you're on them for 3 months before the surgery (I had to take them to manage the pain from an infected/blocked gallbladder while waiting for my operation for 3 months),
and then another 3 months post surgery to heal, it's really hard, it's like trying to quit smoking as a chainsmoker while having the worst flu you've ever had! LOL

But that's all in the past now, and I'm happy it's all behind me now

Radiance
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2022-02-26 10:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ya'll sound like a bunch of old women discussing your aches and pains.

Glad you survived your stress test CEGeek...I've had people go into cardiac arrest during the procedure .BTW...who inherits your HPC collection if you croak?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-02-26 11:12 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll rock, paper, scissors your for them Rich
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 33