x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-11 3:36 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I recently got another A-11 unit (un-tested)

I lucked out in that it came with CE 2.0 rom. (2nd rom find in a week!)

But the unit turns on and sits where the screen shows the clouds etc. Has to be reset to unlock this.
I put in a CE 1.0 rom and itll turn on for a sec and turn off, or itll sit at screen that says Starting...

Because of my shoulder issues i have not been able to open the unit. But was curious if there are certain things to try or look for that could be causing this. It almost acts like it shorts out trying to access the ram.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-11 10:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Had a friend open up the unit. I saw a stain on the mobo where you insert PCMCIA card.

Here is what is going on.

He cleaned up the board and we put it back together, but no go. Still locks up.

-Walt B

By the way it was Cola.

Edited by WallyB110 2021-12-11 10:11 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2021-12-12 1:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What do you think the fluid is, it looks like flux?
 Top of the page
_dev-null Page Icon Posted 2021-12-12 3:58 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

This loooks like an ugly rework of this chip ... Maybe someone tried to repair it. There is also one part missing on the right side of the chip - could be unpopulated by default or it was removed during rework ...

Stefan
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-12 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If ya look at bottom of my first post I said it was "cola", soda.

It came off and ive got two boards both from A-11 units and one works 100% and the other is the "soda" one here. Both look identical. So im not seeing any parts missing when comparing the two. I think one of the ram or both of the ram chips got fried. It acts like it freezes when trying to access the ram etc.

-Walt B
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-12-12 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You can see the soda got to both ram chips, thats why i think it freezes trying to boot. The power ends when checking with a volt meter this area of the board. Weird.. A first w one of these working and the issue being at the end of the line rather than where it starts. This time this didnt get me mad haha. Could see the problem rather than be guessing and wasting twice the time... if not more.

Anywhoo take care yall. Thanks and glad for everyone throwing their thoughts out there on this :-)

-Walt B

Damn im getting good at one hand typing lol

Edited by WallyB110 2021-12-12 11:30 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9