x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Samsung Izzi Pro Dead??

gelthor Page Icon Posted 2022-01-16 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,

I've had a Samsung Izzi Pro for a while, obtained for me by my brother in law as an interseting addition to my collection. Seems like a really cool little unit, and much more useable than some of the touch-screen only PDA's. It's in good cosmetic condition but appears to be almost totally dead sadly. Literally the only sign of life is that the left hand power/charge LED does come on when it's connected to external power. The power switch does nothing, the screen does not light up at all. The main battery actually seems fine, I've measured 7V from it after a bit of charging. (it's meant to be 7.2) I've also tried replacing the memory/backup battery and have visually inspected the motherboard having taken it out of the machine. It looks fine, no sign of anything being damaged/burned out. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these and can think of any theories as to why it's not working? I've also tried re-seating the ROM and RAM boards but no difference.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-22 4:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi Andrew,

Have you checked the capacitors on it. Given their age at this point. Failure can be expected.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9