x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TV IR for Windows CE 2.0

archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 12:10 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a program that works for my Casio A-20 that runs on Windows CE 2.0

I remember using this before on my Jornada 680 which was great.

The above did not work for my Casio A-10, it gave a "Fatal Application Error" Exception 0x0000005. I am guessing this is for a different processor.

I synched my A-20 to a working Windows XP in Oracle VirtualBox. By the way, I have installed the appropriate updates such as the Casio Service Pack 1,0 and Windows CE Service pack 2 using Acivesynch 3.8; which worked.

I went and found that Oh Mong Meng still has his website and got a hold of version 099e, which I was able to install. Reading on Oh Hong Meng's website even this version 099e doesn't work with other than what he listed on his compatibility list.

Any news/info of another program that still exist, is appreciated. I don't want to go back and use my Sony Clie for this
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 10:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The problem you are having is the 2.0 part. If it was 2.11 you might have more luck.

The other main option was https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/727/WinCESoft/Remote_Control_II/versio... reviewed https://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/wincesoft/remotecontrol-I... but again, no 2.00 support. This was common place because 2.0 and 2.11 used completely different compilers, IDE's and most crucially, the 2.00 dev tools were not free.

I've added 0.99e to the SCL as we only had 0.99d in there. The colour H/PC files are missing though.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not to hijack the thread but this is another good reason to keep those old outdated Android smartphones that have built in Infrared Blasters. They make great universal remotes.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 1:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's true actually. I have a Galaxy S4 running Lineage official and it has an IR port. The stock ROM came with something called PeelOn (I think it was) that did it.

I wonder if WinCESoft.de would consider open sourcing Remote Control II at this point and perhaps then someone could port it to CE 2.0?
 Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 6:06 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I see, thank you C:Amie for this info.

So Windows CE 2.0 has no TV remote application at this point. The applications for Windows CE are almost to not existent, except our yours truly (HPC Factor).

I just wanted to relive the early days using the old techs that I still have.

Unfortunately I don't have any HP Jornada, perhaps either I revive my HP 200LX (that one has Remcon for TV remote) or get an HP Jornada 680/720.. But the eBay prices on those two, whoof, for old tech.
 Top of the page
archival36 Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 6:11 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I never had those IR blasters.. But I do remember when CircuitCity was still around, I had a blast turning off TVs using my Jornada 680. Like the whole Sony TVs on the floor suddenly turned off, fun times..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 6:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

None that I recall for 2.00. Unless getting the source for WinCESoft's version is an option. I can't think of one without finding a CE 3 device.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 10:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

My current phone is an old LG V20. Has great infrared. I can go into any lobby at the doctor's office and discretely change the channels on any brand of tv.

Imagine their surprise when they discover their tv isn't set to some generic innocent channel such as "Animal Planet" or "The Weather Channel" but that I've changed it to some nudie movie channel or something.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-01-21 11:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes Rich, imagine

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9