x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nec Mobilepro 900 and Windows 10

frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-02-14 4:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know it's possible (I've done it before) but for some reason I can't connect my 2 MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net 4.20 & Handheld PC 2000) with Windows 10. Really frustrating!
My Jornada 720 is working pefectly with WMDC.

I have downloaded the Windows Vista beta drivers (x64) but I can't install them ( https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200198/windows_vista_and_the_... ). I also tried the NEC USB drivers from within Windows

Help!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-02-14 5:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You shouldn't need it with a MP900. Do check Windows Update optional updates in case there is a driver sitting there.

To install my beta driver on Windows 7 x64 or higher, you would need to disable driver signing.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-02-14 5:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2022-02-13 6:08 PM
You shouldn't need it with a MP900. Do check Windows Update optional updates in case there is a driver sitting there.

I have this problem on 2 different Windows systems and I don't see any optional updates. I must say that I use Windows LTSC. But maybe it's the USB cable.
to be continued

Edited by frisser 2022-02-14 5:17 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-02-14 5:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like the best place to start. Disabling driver signing is a rather sledgehammer move that shouldn't be required.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-02-15 8:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After a few hours of torture it finally worked!

What I did:
First I removed 'WMDC' and 'wmdc-fixes-for-win10' and restored my O&O Shutup10 settings to factory settings. I noticed after reboot that some drivers updates 'magical' appeared

But it still didn't work. Then I manually updated the driver within Device Manager again to Nec - Mobile Device (which didn't work yesterday) and yes... when have connection!

Edited by frisser 2022-02-15 8:21 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-02-15 9:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, those windows 10 privacy apps (while I entirely support their use) can be rather unapologetically brutal in what they change without much communication of the consequences. There are registry flags on pushing driver updates that a lot of them disable. So every chance that was the cause. Thanks for bringing it to people's attention. I'm glad you sussed it.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-02-15 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
An intriguing thread. I too, with Win10 64-bit and WMDC/patches, can connect/sync to J720, but with WinMo 6.0 phone, the Outlook sync fails. I've never had to install c:amie's drivers and wonder if they might help with WinMo.

It's weird, though: I connect with WMDC/WinMo, can browse the device and install programs, just can't PIM sync. Googling tells me that I'm not alone but haven't found the solution.

Jake
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-02-16 8:09 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Jake - 2022-02-15 12:04 AM
It's weird, though: I connect with WMDC/WinMo, can browse the device and install programs, just can't PIM sync. Googling tells me that I'm not alone but haven't found the solution.

Not a real solution (because it's almost impossible to find) but LapLink 4 will work with PDA and Handheld syncs. I have used it (now I use XTDNConnect PC with Lotus Organizer) and it worked very good.

It can sync:
• Lotus Notes R5 / 6.0 / 6.5 / 7.0
• Lotus Organizer 5.0 / 6.0 / 6.1
• ACT! 2000 / 5.0 / 6.0
• Novell GroupWise 6.5.3x / 7.x
• Microsoft Outlook 98 / 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007

And it supports:
• Palm OS Devices
• Microsoft Pocket PC 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / Mobile 5.0 devices
• Microsoft Smartphone 2003 devices
• Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0 for Smartphone devices
• Sony Ericsson IrMC Phones

But again almost impossible to find... but maybe I can help you with this

Edited by frisser 2022-02-16 8:10 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-02-16 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
What a great answer! I had no idea about LapLink 4. My trouble, I run 32-bit Outlook 2010 so I think I've aged out of the system. Because I'm willing to live on the dark side, my current work-around is to have a subscription to memotoo.con, install their funambol for ppc (which installs properly on WinMo), and sync Outlook>Google>Memotoo>WinMo

This works, and it does provide wifi synching, something long gone with many HPCs, but you have to be willing to live with google.

Thanks again for the great idea,
Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-02-17 2:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Are you talking about PDAsync, frisser? I was going to ask if another third-party sync utility (Intellisync) would provide a workaround.

Jake, that's why I still have a PC running XP with Outlook 2003 installed.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-02-17 8:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2022-02-16 3:31 AM
Are you talking about PDAsync, frisser? I was going to ask if another third-party sync utility (Intellisync) would provide a workaround.

Yes, Laplink PDAsync 4 (Archive Link).
I never have any luck with Intellisync, but that's maybe because I don't have the correct version or it's not working with Windows 10.
XTNDConnect PC v4.9 is working 'perfectly' on my Windows 10 PC and with syncing Lotus Organizer 6.1 (I know... love it!) and Jornada/MobilePro HPC but XTNDConnect PC is not working with WinMo. XTNDConnect PC also integrates in Lotus Organizer 6.1

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.781 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9