x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Convert video for Jornada 720/728

1 2
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 7:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2022-03-08 8:11 AM

DVD Catalyst is a DVD and video Ripping tool that supports direct (optimised) encoding into video that will playback on H/PC's.

DVD Catalyst gives fast and excellent results. Some newer file formats are not supported but only encounter a few, and downscaling a 4K movie (I know ) is not really possible or gives terrible results. I have examined the files produced by DVD Catalyst (bitrate etc.) and used that info for my 'tutorials'. There are several versions of DVD Catalyst. DVD Catalyst, DVD Catalyst GT and Video Converter GT. I believe that DVD Catalyst got the option to use the benchmark file and finetune the settings. DVD Catalyst GT (without this option) is on the UsedHandheld CD, but is newer (I think).

Edited by frisser 2022-03-09 7:56 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 11:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

frisser - 2022-03-09 7:55 AM

C:Amie - 2022-03-08 8:11 AM

DVD Catalyst is a DVD and video Ripping tool that supports direct (optimised) encoding into video that will playback on H/PC's.

DVD Catalyst gives fast and excellent results. Some newer file formats are not supported but only encounter a few, and downscaling a 4K movie (I know ) is not really possible or gives terrible results. I have examined the files produced by DVD Catalyst (bitrate etc.) and used that info for my 'tutorials'. There are several versions of DVD Catalyst. DVD Catalyst, DVD Catalyst GT and Video Converter GT. I believe that DVD Catalyst got the option to use the benchmark file and finetune the settings. DVD Catalyst GT (without this option) is on the UsedHandheld CD, but is newer (I think).

Correct.

DVD Catalyst was originally Pocket DVD - https://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/pocketdvd/pocketdvd-1-1/ which goes into more details on the process.

Mitch, is still trading - http://www.tools4movies.com/ Perhaps he'll offer some pointers or sell DC to anyone who wants it still.

Good guy, haven't spoken to him in years. He's still using the logo I made for him 1000 years ago though of Nermal, his cat's eyes
We used to speak on MSN Messenger a lot... then M$ disabled MSN Messenger.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 11:38 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2022-03-08 12:15 PM
Mitch, is still trading - http://www.tools4movies.com/ Perhaps he'll offer some pointers or sell DC to anyone who wants it still.

I've downloaded the trial of Video Converter GT (his latest version) and it still got a Handheld Jornada/900/900c setting!

Update: bought this version a few minutes ago. Will let you know about results etc.

Edited by frisser 2022-03-09 12:44 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 11:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nice. Fancy writing a review for the reviews section?
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 12:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Video Converter GT
Link: http://www.tools4movies.com/video-converter-gt/
Price: $9.95

The software is very easy and intuitive to use. You can even select multiple files at once for batch conversion.

The Handheld PC presets:

Settings
Lot of options here. There is an option to test the video conversion (for example only 10 minutes coversion).

Some video effects settings. You can select some presets (Better black, Warm, Cold) which enhance the video.
You can also preview the results here.

Audio effects settings.

Tweak options. I like that there is a Deinterlace and Inverse Telecline option.

Some additional settings. (here is also the test mode option)

Video conversion! Result is very nice and crisp and coversion is fast.

Edited by frisser 2022-03-09 12:32 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-03-09 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I like Mitch very much. Great product support and all-around good guy. We once got Catch Me If You Can on my Nokia 9300, 1" x 1" but perfectly synced

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8