x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Strange issue with PocketC

1 2 3
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-29 8:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’m glad you got it to work!
Which specific dll files did you need? And what version of the runtime did you use ? I’ll update the SCL page to describe the process to get it running (obviously I’ll credit you) (and I’m not going to directly copy cmonex’s files. I’m only going to post a link to archive.org.
Also if you don’t mind adding your compatibility data for your Medion device that we can keep track if it’s not too much trouble. I managed to find the manual and C:Amie was able to add a photo of your device too
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-30 5:19 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

I'm a bit worried about the compatability database entry since the device that I have isn't exactly that model, but an internal development version of it with an unlocked CE, which isn't the same as the retail versions out there. I guess we could specify this somehow..? As far as I understand, these were leftovers of the development process of these older set top boxes
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-30 5:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I understand, I may have made a mistake adding it to the Devices and Specs area especially since by default, the OEM model it's not "Unlocked Windows CE" unless you have the development version.
I'll let C:Amie be the final call on that and whether you can proceed with adding compatibility or if we need to remove it.

Anyway, I've been finding more MIPS games, programs. Any other issues or successes with programs?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-30 9:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well you two have been researching it, you know more than me. You tell me if it can be fixed and made accurate or not?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-06 8:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay. I added a note to the specs page for I dunk for bananas device to read “ Windows CE Unlocked Internal Development Model only”

Then we can start adding compatibility data if desired (which I think is important to have a Windows CE5 MIPS target)

If the note should go elsewhere let me know.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-10-06 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I very much appreciate the fact that you've been busily adding so many MIPS programs @torch. Thank you very much
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-06 8:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Of course ! I have about 20 more to add that I’ve found during my scavenger hunt I need to add. But usually I end up finding more so keep an eye out ! Most of the software I’ve been finding has been MIPS.
And be sure to add compatibility data if you’re able to and not much trouble ! It’s super helpful
I also found a few more PocketC programs too

Edited by torch 2022-10-06 8:42 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-09 5:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Have you gotten any VB / Visual Basic runtime programs working on your unit, by the way?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-10-09 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2022-10-09 5:25 PM

Have you gotten any VB / Visual Basic runtime programs working on your unit, by the way?

Do you mean those that use the .NET CF? They run fine!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-10 1:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No! They’re different

So go here

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/search.asp?freetext=Visual+Basic&S...

It’s the same concept as pocketc just different runtime called Visual Basic and that’s the tag in the SCL for apps that use it.

Download the runtime first at the bottom and then you can run those apps!
More options for you. And keep a look out on that tag in the next few days. I think I found 10 more Visual Basic programs in the next few days for you to try it that I’m adding into the SCL. Some of these have screenshots so you’ll be able to see what they look like
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-10-10 6:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2022-10-09 2:09 PM

torch - 2022-10-09 5:25 PM

Do you mean those that use the .NET CF? They run fine!

torch is talking about eMbedded Visual Basic, not VB.net. eVB was developed in pre-.NET days, and had its own runtime libraries. Its executables had the file extension .vb. (Many of the apps in torch's linked page run on an even older version of Pocket Visual Basic [developed for CE 2.0] with a different set of runtime files, and have the file extension .pvb.)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-10 9:09 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you for the explanation, CE Geek.
I also found this thread too:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17316&st...

I didn't know that PVB and VB were different file formats....
PVB= only CE 2.0, can't run past that
VB=newer file format, can run on CE2.0 with runtime, and CE2.11+
So confusing, but it makes sense finally for me I guess

Sorry to waste your time, I dunk for bananas. I jumped the gun and thought I found more software for you!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 12:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually, .pvb can be made to run post-2.0. See your other thread for my comment on it there:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20637
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 8