x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Strange issue with PocketC

1 2 3
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-24 7:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay I think I may delete VLC. Sorry about that.
The same person had a port of CorePlayer and TCPMP. I’ll work on getting those in the SCL soon.
Your device doesn’t have any kind of brand name or model number? Even if it’s a one off model it’s still useful to have in the database because we can track compatibility with 5.0 MIPS (a lot of Korean devices were sold like that I think)

Edited by torch 2022-09-24 7:09 PM
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-24 7:36 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

It appears to be a Medion Life S27200, but the Windows CE image doesn't include the TV GUI that normally runs in fullscreen, and it includes USB HID drivers
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-24 9:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Perfect, I added it for you.
https://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/255/Medion/Life_S27200
I still need to fill in the specifications and the CE version etc, but at least it's there for you for now.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-26 4:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, I deleted the VLC MIPS file from the SCL. I've been using Google Translate to get the release notes in, and here's the hilarious tidbit about VLC the author posted:
I'm posting this in case anyone uses it for comparison purposes or other purposes.

Bug: The phenomenon of death when opening a file in NetForce (collision with Diophen??)

Performance: Unusable

This program is buggy and performs very poorly.

So, it's very detrimental to your mental health.

Absolutely not recommended unless you absolutely have to test it.

[Source] VLC 0.7.1 WinCE/MIPS Version| Author Stone of Life

Anyway, I'm sorry about that, but I am finding more MIPS programs and trying to add info/screenshots when I can. Good luck!

C:Amie, can you please delete the VLC listing? I removed the file. I didn't want to mess up the SCL

Edited by torch 2022-09-26 4:28 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-26 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Deleted as requested
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 2:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I dunk for bananas:
I just thought of something else. Have you tried both the hpc2000 and Hpcpro mips versions of the runtime? I read somewhere sometimes hpcpro programs run better on 5.0-6.0 than hpc2000.
C:Amie:
Is there any dll files that you know of that aren’t common in CE4.2-5.0? I recall reading that example the MP900 on 4.2 can’t run older HPC programs. Is there dll files that I dunk for bananas can copy that can restore that functionality on their 5.0 MIPS device or are those dll files tied to the respective CE platform version ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's too bad. VLC is a pretty nice media player. But the MIPS ports of all the media players seem to have turned out sketchy (except for TCPMP). There was even a CE 5 MIPS version of Windows Media Player 9, but it doesn't open ("Unable to initialize Player!" ). And supposedly CoreCodec even developed an FLV (Flash Video) codec for MIPS, but it turned out to be super buggy.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 10:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

torch - 2022-09-28 2:29 AM

I dunk for bananas:
I just thought of something else. Have you tried both the hpc2000 and Hpcpro mips versions of the runtime? I read somewhere sometimes hpcpro programs run better on 5.0-6.0 than hpc2000.
C:Amie:
Is there any dll files that you know of that aren’t common in CE4.2-5.0? I recall reading that example the MP900 on 4.2 can’t run older HPC programs. Is there dll files that I dunk for bananas can copy that can restore that functionality on their 5.0 MIPS device or are those dll files tied to the respective CE platform version ?

If there is nothing obviously missing on the dependency walker, then the issue is likely API regression. the only way to fix that is to put the down-level DLL next to the .exe in question and hope that the import wasn't statically coded to \windows. If it wasn't, the exe will import from the DLL next to it before searching \windows.

It is what we used to refer to as "DLL hell".
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2022-09-28 5:14 AM

That's too bad. VLC is a pretty nice media player. But the MIPS ports of all the media players seem to have turned out sketchy (except for TCPMP). There was even a CE 5 MIPS version of Windows Media Player 9, but it doesn't open ("Unable to initialize Player!" ). And supposedly CoreCodec even developed an FLV (Flash Video) codec for MIPS, but it turned out to be super buggy.

Thankfully WMP9 is part of this device's OS image, it even runs with hardware acceleration. Sadly it doesn't play DVDs or CDs though which I was hoping VLC could perhaps do
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Does anyone perhaps have a link to the old izemize/cmonex site? I remember there being a bunch of DLLs there, perhaps even those old DLLs I'm looking for
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 5:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Here ya go, if there's a certain file you need to find let me know, you may have to play with the snapshot dates to get the file you want.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081026112854/http://hpcmonex.net/izemi...
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It appears to be commctrl.dll, coredll.dll, imgdecmp.dll, oleaut32.dll and ole32.dll that I'd have to find a CE 3 version of, in order to test this! Let's see if we can find those files

Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

OH MY GOD, I GOT IT TO WORK
I copied the PocketC executables to the 204FILES directory from the cmonex site, and it works now! gosh
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-28 9:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

AP In level is annoying. You'll have to copy the dll's into program files for each application
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-09-29 12:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2022-09-28 12:11 PM

OH MY GOD, I GOT IT TO WORK
I copied the PocketC executables to the 204FILES directory from the cmonex site, and it works now! gosh

Ah, the old ePods hack files. Me and a bunch of others have had lots of fun with those on the old Casio BE-300.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8