x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Xybernaut Poma MA-VII

dancin_joe Page Icon Posted 2022-03-10 7:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi!

New member here; thought I'd post a recent find that there isn't too much info online for: the Xybernaut Poma
Found this forum when searching around for anything I could find after seeing this at a local auction, and came across a thread from 2011 where someone pointed one for sale on ebay.

Mine was sold without an adapter, and the battery is a rechargeable li-ion 18650 housed in a proprietary form factor (and completely toasted), so took a few days waiting on a replacement adapter just to get it powered on... and it works! I may work on swapping the cell later on, but for now I'm fine using it while plugged into AC.

Among the other missing accessories were a pouch, Socket ruggedized serial I/O CF card, and a serial cable, but everything else was there, and I'd like to get as much of the CE 3.0 build 126 preserved as possible since it seems to be rare; any info on equipment needed to pull the data off would be appreciated! Of course once I can access downloads Id like to try running Doom4CE and playing around with USB adapters

Let me know if anyone has questions on the specs or whatnot!

https://imgur.com/a/N4j1JK2

Edited by dancin_joe 2022-03-10 7:17 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-03-11 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Cool equipment you’ve got there!

I just found they have a patent, now owned by RPX Corp.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5305244?oq=ininventor:%22Edward&...

Edited by stingraze 2022-03-11 11:23 AM
 Top of the page
dancin_joe Page Icon Posted 2022-03-17 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

So I've gotten a few things to hopefully get to where I can dump the WinCE 3.0 OS build, but not too sure if I'm missing anything (or if everything is functioning to begin with). From what I can find, I'd need ActiveSync installed, and currently have Win 7 as my lowest version on any computers at home; I don't know if I'd need an earlier Windows OS or emulator to run it successfully or not, but so far haven't had any luck.

The manual for the Poma indicates it requires a Socket Serial I/O SL-7200 Series that was originally included, but mine was missing of course, so I've picked up what I hope is a compatible card, labeled just as a Socket "Serial I/O Card" (model: Serial Card) dated 2009. As I have no serial ports, and the manual says a serial null modem cable is required, I've also grabbed a RS232 DB9 Serial to USB to interface. Nothing happens with everything connected right now, bu I'm assuming the active sync is the main culprit (if not a faulty/incompatible serial I/O card from ebay)

Does anyone know if I'm missing something, or if I should try to getting activesync on an older Windows version? Thanks for any suggestions!
 Top of the page
null1024 Page Icon Posted 2022-03-18 3:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

There's a few things to check:
Does the USB-to-DB9 cable need drivers? I bought an FTDI cable, and I needed to look for drivers. Check in Device Manager to see if it's hooked up, and under what COM port.
I also ended up using Windows 2000 in VirtualBox to do serial connections with my H/PCs (I'm on a Win10 host). I attached the serial port as COM1 (on the host it's COM5) and installed ActiveSync.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10