x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hp200LX emulation on J720!

1 2
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2022-04-01 2:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
I think Thaddeus had many cables made some ten years ago. They still add them as extra's to LX's sold to US customers. But they cost (it was probably not cheap to have them made )

My own inventory is down to three 200lx cables plus a few made to work with a Cisco switch I think (UTP type connection) . But I also have a few IR serial adapters around as well. These can handle the Serial IR from the 200LX to a PC.

But since I use CF to USB adapters the sneakernet option is my preferred. (about 1MBps instead of 38.4bps max). I have got both new and old in store...(new to sell, used ones to give away with a sold 200LX...)

Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2022-04-04 7:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

michelbel - 2022-03-31 3:30 PM

But since I use CF to USB adapters the sneakernet option is my preferred. (about 1MBps instead of 38.4bps max). I have got both new and old in store...(new to sell, used ones to give away with a sold 200LX...)

Yes this is indeed the fastest and fail-safe method
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2023-02-05 7:21 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Stevetuc - 2022-03-28 5:53 PM

The HP100/200LX Connectivity pack plus manual is now available on the DCL

https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/1941/HP_100LX_/_200LX_Connectivity_Pack/version_1.0

The essentials are:

1. Mount the three IMGs somewhere
2. Put all three diskettes into one directory
3. Extract (un-arj) the necessary packages for your language (en or gr or fr)
4. Forget the installer. Use the bat-files instead (start with app200.bat)

I used a Linux DOSbox to mount the images to three drives. "imgmount a 1.img -t floppy" and so on.
Copied the content of the three drives in one directory somewhere else (then you can access them from Linux, too).
un-arj the "gr"-files (for that I used the nemo-filemanager, had no dos-arj handy)
Again back to DOSbox, app200.bat

All fine

@Jake: Thanks for the hpmuseum-link, that thread helped

Now I have a set of running files that can be copied to every DOS-machine. This double-extract is a one-time effort.

-Stefan

Edited by dl1av 2023-02-05 7:25 PM

(Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-02-05 20-26-09.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-02-05 20-26-09.png (93KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-02-05 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Great work and it looks great. If you use the HP Database and need to move files back and forth with another database program (i.e. HanDBase, which runs perfectly on the J-720/RedGear) and your interest extends to Linux, try this:

http://www.huge-man-linux.net/man1/gdbdump.html

I have 19 databases to run on HP, HanDBase, and PortaBase. If I keep 19 masters (named, formatted, but empty), gdbdump and gdbload can be used to create or export via a batch script in Linux terminal, as in HanDBase>ASCII (via batch)>gdbload>into empty HP masters. Or vice versa: HP>gdpdump>ASCII>HanDBase ASCII import into blank HanDBase masters via batch on Windows/WINE.

Jake
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 5:03 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Cool, such an ASCII converter is helpful to convert the databases to a spreadsheet or something similiar. May become handy sometimes.

BTW: I just tried the app200 with my HP360LX. Is there any way to expand it to the full screen? My PocketDOS is fullscreen but the app200 stays in 640x480-mode (kind of)

Have to look at it later.

Stefan
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 9:07 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Found it

Don't use the cg.com display-engine. Something similar is implemented in Pocket dos.

Either rename it or remove it from the batch.

Now we have fullscreen on the Palmtop.

.... And now it crashes when I move the arrow keys. Any ideas?

Edited by dl1av 2023-02-06 9:26 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-06 7:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is this something that can be made into a DOSBox, VirtualBox or Hyper-V virtual disk image and made available as a redistributble?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.199 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11