x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pdosbox running on hpc?

Stevetuc Page Icon Posted 2022-03-31 5:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

There's a thread from back in 2006 regarding pdosbox and a poll on a potential port to hpc

pdosbox thread

I guess this didnt progress but I noticed several existing ppc ports of dosbox which may have been as least partially working on hpc:

Pdosbox 1.1
Pdosbox 2.0
Dosboxppc 0.63

I have found these on the Interweb but haven't yet got them running. (aygshell, coredll swaps etc)

Does anyone with a long memory from that thread have any nuggets about what was done?

I have Wingcommander running under Pocketdos but without sound. I've tried some soundblaster emulators with the dosbox 486 core but can't get sound. I've read those above support sound so wanted to try...

Edit: I hit "start new thread" from that old thread and I noticed its in the developer section. Mods feel free to move this thread if needed.

Steve

Edited by Stevetuc 2022-03-31 5:51 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-04-01 3:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I trust you included a version of GAPI (gx.dll), which is also required.
 Top of the page
Stevetuc Page Icon Posted 2022-04-01 1:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes, I have GAPI. the problem was that the archive DOSBoxPPC.rar I tried actually contained the xscale version. The GAPI splash would show then program exit.
I have now found the ARM version DOSBox 0.63 ARM.rar. This one says its reading the .conf file , GAPI splash and DOSBox starts.
However the screen is garbled, rotated and multiple copies of mangled text. It does respond to the exit command so maybe can be tweaked.

I also have the pDOSBox2.0 that has 4 executables
pdbfend.exe - requires ver change 4.2 > 3.0
pdbman0.exe - crashes with exception
pdbman9.exe - does not run
pdbmess.exe - requires ver change 4.2 > 3.0

Pdbfend runs after changes. Its a fronted for pdosbox2
Pdbmess does not. Seems a bit of a non starter

I haven't managed to find pDOSBox 1.1 which I suspect may work better from the previous thread.

If anyone has a known good DOSBox 0.63 ARM or pDOSBox 1.1 I'd be much obliged!

I should have said I'm using a J720.

Steve

Edited by Stevetuc 2022-04-01 1:25 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9