x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 95 IBM 330 ActiveSync 3.1

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-26 3:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

... because like you said, if you put a new controller in, the adapter wouldn't fit, so you would need to use a IDE cable to reposition the adapter. Right now, you do not need to.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-26 3:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-06-26 3:22 PM

... because like you said, if you put a new controller in, the adapter wouldn't fit, so you would need to use a IDE cable to reposition the adapter. Right now, you do not need to.

Ah! OK! I got it. in fact it doesn't suit me. I don't even have room to put all this stuff into. For now I remain like that.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 12:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I wrote to the seller on ebay, on the CF I bought asking him for the characteristics, this is what he wrote to me:
According to the description, the 32 GB card has a reading speed of 300x.
i.e. 30 MB / s.

Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 9:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I just found that an Ata133 adapter is faster than the dma33. Right? Maybe if I take an Ata133 adapter can you partially solve the problem?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 9:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

DMA 33 = DMA 1
DMA 66 = DMA 2
DMA 133 = DMA 6
DMA 150 = DMA 7

I can't keep repeating the same thing over and over @NarakuITA. May be it will, but may be it won't. I don't know where the bottle neck is in the system, the only way to find out is to test with different components and see what - if any - make it go faster.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 1:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Can you find a non-American seller? Because it doesn't ship to Italy.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 5:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What is the maximum DMA level of the current adapter?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-27 11:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-06-27 5:55 PM

What is the maximum DMA level of the current adapter?

If you remember, you checked. Nothing is found in the specifications. It is not really known how fast it arrives. That's why he advised me to get another one, which supports DMA. So I make the attempts and let's try to find the alleged problem.
I have found one that supports DMA 33. But apparently no ruperiori are found on ebay. Only in america, but they do not ship to italy.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-06-28 12:12 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 7:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The fact that yours is running with DMA ticked suggests that it is DMA enabled rather than PIO4.

Did you check ?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 8:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

This claims that it goes up to a transfer rate of 40MB / s. It costs very little, it seems like a rip off ....
https://www.amazon.it/Adattatore-Compact-Flash-femmina-convertitore/...

Anyway yes, the DMA is active, the CF, the dealer told me that it reaches 30MB/s, but the tests show that I reach up to 15MB/s, so it could also be the motherboard, which does not go beyond. I honestly don't know whether to spend more money, to no avail.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-06-28 9:07 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 9:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would try and borrow a different, faster CF card before looking at the adapter or disk controller. Changing the adapter is starting in the middle of the troubleshooting chain. Pretty much anyone with a DSLR camera is going to have a fast DMA compatible CF card.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 6:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

The seller sent me another adapter for free, since the other one didn't have 40pin. I told him I had solved it, but he wanted to send me the right one.
From the image, the left adapter is the first one, the right one is the one just arrived. It reads DMA on the adapter.
Now I plug it in and do the tests with the CF I currently have and let you know.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 7:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

So the tests are practically the same, something more and sometimes less. I'll try a faster CF and let's see!
REQUEST:
Without reinstalling everything, how can I clone the CF? A free program? Or can I use copy and paste?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-06-28 10:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can't copy paste as that won't copy the boot sector. You can use a bootable CD of something like CloneZilla, Partition Magic or true image to copy or image it to a virtual disk image.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-06-29 8:49 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-06-28 10:48 PM

You can't copy paste as that won't copy the boot sector. You can use a bootable CD of something like CloneZilla, Partition Magic or true image to copy or image it to a virtual disk image.

I don't think it can be done, unless I do it from windows 10. I have noticed that my IBM is unable to boot CDs. I always need a boot floppy. When I tried to install windows 2000, I needed 4 boot floppies.
If I put the CD on newer PCs, windows 2000 will boot from the CD without any problems.
I guess it's one of the limitations of old PCs.
I got this stick so I can clone from windows 10.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9