x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 95 IBM 330 ActiveSync 3.1

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 3:25 PM

So are you thinking of a
so that you can eject the hard drive? It would seem more useful to me as it would let you swap between Windows 95, 98, 98Lite etc just by swapping cards. Note though that you'll need a 4-pin power feed!

I know it is because the memory slot is "dancer". It was my technician who blocked the cache memory with hot glue, so it stays put. Without that, the cache doesn't "lock" into the slot.

As for the disk, I will completely replace it and the mechanical one I will use as an external disk. So I won't have problems with the power feed. I am not interested in swapping drives to have different windows.
I saw the ebay listing, they are all China retailers, no, no, bad experiences with them!
I'll take this, it costs more but I'm sure it arrives!

Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 3:15 PM

How do you know the slot is defective? You said the BIOS sees all 256KB?
Things like that are usually hot glued to prevent them coming lose in shipping. If you want the 512KB CPU cache, then it certainly won't be a bad upgrade, but going from no cache to 256 is transformative. going from 256 to 512KB is just showing off

If the site sells the right cache why not! I show off! I boost my PC to its full potential!
But I need your experience and understand if the vendor sells the cache compatible with my PC.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-05-23 5:22 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

NarakuITA - 2022-05-23 5:06 PM

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 3:25 PM

So are you thinking of a
so that you can eject the hard drive? It would seem more useful to me as it would let you swap between Windows 95, 98, 98Lite etc just by swapping cards. Note though that you'll need a 4-pin power feed!

I know it is because the memory slot is "dancer". It was my technician who blocked the cache memory with hot glue, so it stays put. Without that, the cache doesn't "lock" into the slot.

As for the disk, I will completely replace it and the mechanical one I will use as an external disk. So I won't have problems with the power feed. I am not interested in swapping drives to have different windows.
I saw the ebay listing, they are all China retailers, no, no, bad experiences with them!
I'll take this, it costs more but I'm sure it arrives!

Make sure that the cable connector gender is correct for your cabling!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

NarakuITA - 2022-05-23 5:21 PM

Things like that are usually hot glued to prevent them coming lose in shipping. If you want the 512KB CPU cache, then it certainly won't be a bad upgrade, but going from no cache to 256 is transformative. going from 256 to 512KB is just showing off

If the site sells the right cache why not! I show off! I boost my PC to its full potential!
But I need your experience and understand if the vendor sells the cache compatible with my PC.
If it uses the part number I mentioned previously for the cache, then yes it will assuming that the CPU will take it.

I do not understand what you mean by "dancer"?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

You mean the one for the current? From the photos I think so ....
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 5:29 PM

If it uses the part number I mentioned previously for the cache, then yes it will assuming that the CPU will take it.

I didn't know how to express myself. I mean the cache is moving, not standing still, making false contact and causing problems.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:37 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I take a 32GB Compact Flash. I don't go any further, as you advised me, so windows 98 will have no problems.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

NarakuITA - 2022-05-23 5:31 PM

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 5:29 PM

I didn't know how to express myself. I mean the cache is moving, not standing still, making false contact and causing problems.
Got'cha
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Then even if I wanted to take the cf to ide adapter 40-pin pci, which you recommended, I would not have space to install it.
The only one available, or I leave it for USB 2.0, or for the LAN, and this is exactly what I would like to put.

Okay, I'll start with ordering. We hope it all works out!
I keep you updated.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-05-23 5:40 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The cache part number

And yes, 32GB should be okay. It could work with larger, but it may not. So unless you need larger, I wouldn't waste your money.

Again, just make sure that the cable genders are correct and that you have the vertical space. Those internal ones are designed to go directly into the motherboard and not sit on the end of a cable.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-05-23 5:39 PM

The cache part number

And yes, 32GB should be okay. It could work with larger, but it may not. So unless you need larger, I wouldn't waste your money.

Again, just make sure that the cable genders are correct and that you have the vertical space. Those internal ones are designed to go directly into the motherboard and not sit on the end of a cable.

I saw what you recommended me on ebay, but it says "open box", not a cache.

This site which I have found seems to sell just the right one. Cache Memory

I don't understand why, on ebay he calls it an open box

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-05-23 5:48 PM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 5:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I guess that's what he finds under the name 92g7336, not the cache.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 6:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Open box means that it isn't sealed in its original packaging; the box is open.

The part number is all that matters
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 6:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

A thousand thanks. I believe that the caches, if I buy them, I will buy them in a long time!
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-05-23 7:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

A question came to mind. Once I have bought the adapter, since I will not be able to fix it anywhere (since I will put them in place of the mechanical disc) if I simply place it on the base, and I hold it in place with adhesive tape, is it okay? Or is it not advisable?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.199 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8