x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How do you use the DB9 connection on a Jornada 720?

marko Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 12:53 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have an adapter for the Jornada 720 that allow me to use a DB9 serial connection; although I can't find any documentation about how to use it.

WCE has few applications in the "communication" folder but I never used any of these. I would like to open a terminal window to send and receive data on my jornada via serial port from my Windows 10 machine; but I would also like to use the Jornada as terminal to talk to other devices using serial port.

Is there a specific tutorial for the jornada, WindowsCE or anything generic would do? I have TeraTerm on my windows machine, and I use a USB to DB9 serial converter, to connect to the Jornada. Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 7:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'd find a third party app for it in the SCL and have a play. The only issue to overcome will be that ActiveSync will try and use a live cable to sync across.
 Top of the page
marko Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 8:05 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks; found a term app searching online, which is supported by ARM. It has the nag screen and it tell you that it will expire in 2000 but so far seems to work.

Got to the point where I can create a connection on my windows machine (send text from the pc and from the Jornada), although it is not exactly as having a linux machine running to simulate a mainframe. I may end up making a VM with Debian to try it out with the Jornada; although would be fun if there were some windows apps that would simulate a mainframe too
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I never simulated mainframes on Windows or any other OS, but a quick search gave me these:

Geeking Out
Turn your laptop into a portable mainframe
https://oofhours.com/2019/09/17/turn-your-laptop-into-a-portable-mai...

ZD&T Personal Edition enables a single user to run an IBM® Z distribution on a personal computer.
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zdt/12.0.0?topic=personal-edition
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-26 11:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are plenty of terminal emulators in the SCL to try. Which one did you find?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9