x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NVIDIA graphics cards

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-27 7:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Then you want something with some offload support for video decoding.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-27 8:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Yes, the idea would not be bad!
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-08-29 10:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

ATI RADEON 7000 is not compatible, totally with the PC. The only system that manages to start is Windows 95. However, if you restart your PC, it gets stuck with a black screen.
In Windows 2000, the PC crashes. WIndows 98 If only one time booted.
I checked with the trusted technician. Incompatibility is very likely.
I bought a Matrox Millenium G450 DualHead DVI 32MB PCI Video Card today. With this there are no problems.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-08-30 8:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The newer PCI cards must be struggling with the firmware age and running on a down level bus.

Going to 32mb is a big jump, so I think you should be happy. It must be purring now?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-08-30 10:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-08-30 8:39 AM

The newer PCI cards must be struggling with the firmware age and running on a down level bus.

Going to 32mb is a big jump, so I think you skittles be happy. It must be purring now?

Matrox Millennium G450 should be fine. It is a much older video card than ATI.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-08-31 6:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I have correctly installed the Matrox Millennium G450 video card, Windows 98 sees it correctly, but there is a problem.
There is the yellow trinagolino in peripheral management.
I went to see in the settings and it said:
Unable to find free input / output (I / O) range resources to use (code 12)

Then it says:
You need to disable the device that is using the required resources. To do this, click Hardware Troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

I tried but nothing. The Matrox Millennium G450 conflicts with the integrated video card. I have disabled it, but the problem persists.
If I delete the drivers, then it reinstalls the card automatically. How do I tell windows 98 to ignore the integrated video card and only use the Matrox Millennium G450?

VIDEO:
https://youtu.be/fqOcO_TMe0I

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-08-31 7:25 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-08-31 10:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Not too sure with retro hardware, but there may be an option to disable integrated graphics in your BIOS? Not just "disabling" via Windows 98.

-stingraze
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 11:57 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

stingraze - 2022-08-31 10:38 PM

Not too sure with retro hardware, but there may be an option to disable integrated graphics in your BIOS? Not just "disabling" via Windows 98.

-stingraze

Unfortunately not, I checked and found no option, or at least I haven't seen it. I wonder if I have to manually set the Memory Resources in ISA Resources?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 12:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Isn't the S3 Trio a card in its own right rather than onboard? Can you show us a photo of the back of the PC so we can see the ports?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 12:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 12:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I wanted to give it a try. I made a video.
I manually changed the settings of the S3 Trio video card from the "Resources"; "Memory range". Once done, No Conflict appears in the Conflicting Device List.
However, the problem remains.
But if I try to do the same operation with the Matrox, the message will appear that I cannot modify the resource manually. I do not understand why.
Yet the S3 Trio does not give any conflict but the MAtrox continues to give various conflicts listed.

In the General Properties of the S3 Trio, it says the card is working fine, but the problem lies with the main video card.
But I do not understand this problem does not occur with the matrox mystique 220 video card .... I do not understand ....

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-09-01 1:40 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 1:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, my memory is failing, the Trio is onboard.

Unfortunately randomly assigning I/O isn't going to help particularly. I also note that is a device conflict on a network controller - is that new since the VGA swap?

Are there any settings int he BIOS for VGA priority? That should be PCI rather than internal.

Is the GPU in PCI slot 1 (or slot 0 if labelled from 0). Generally this is closest to the CPU.

Is there a setting in the BIOS for plug and play OS? If so, try toggling it.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 2:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-09-01 1:42 PM

Okay, my memory is failing, the Trio is onboard.

Unfortunately randomly assigning I/O isn't going to help particularly. I also note that is a device conflict on a network controller - is that new since the VGA swap?

Are there any settings int he BIOS for VGA priority? That should be PCI rather than internal.

Is the GPU in PCI slot 1 (or slot 0 if labelled from 0). Generally this is closest to the CPU.

Is there a setting in the BIOS for plug and play OS? If so, try toggling it.

As you can see the video card is inserted into the second PCI slot.
As for plug and play it is enabled. I have disabled it, but the problem remains. Eventually I rehabilitated him.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-09-01 2:24 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 2:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Take the sound card and USB controller out and then try moving it around the bus to the different slots. Some 90's systems only had full support on dedicated slots.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-01 2:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

As for the network controller, that instead is an "Internet Connection Sharing" it has always been like this, even with windows 2000. The PC has no network card or modem. I have no idea why it detects it. The problem with that device is that the drivers are not installed correctly and cannot install them correctly.
I've always ignored it.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8