x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LogiLink USB2.0 PCI Card

NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-22 9:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I bought a LogiLink USB 2.0 PCI Card, 4 + 1 Port , works great, installed without problems. The removable archives if connected the PC recognizes them without problems, the problem occurs instead if I use a USB extension cable.
This problem has never happened to me.
Since the PC is positioned in a certain way, it is inconvenient to move it every time to insert the removable disk. In fact, when I used the USB 1.1 port there were no problems using the extension cable, so I didn't have to marry the PC every time.
Now that I have bought and installed this USB 2.0 card, I don't understand why if I use the extension the removable disk is not recognized, but if I insert it directly into the USB card it recognizes it!

The first time I used the USB extension cable, the device was detected as "unknown" and was "disabled".
So I reactivated it and restarted the PC.

This time, the device was always unknown but with a yellow exclamation mark.

In the information it says:
The device is not present, not functioning correctly, or not all necessary drivers are installed (code 10).
I tried to manually install the drivers, but the problem remains.
Very strange because if I do not use the USB extension the problem does not occur and everything works perfectly!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-22 10:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is the extension cable a USB 2.0 graded cable? It could be that it's fine for operating at 1.1 speeds but isn't insulated enough for 2.0 480 mbps speeds.

Or the ports could just not like the the connector: I have one USB device that only works in my laptop if it's not fully inserted on on one of the ports. It won't work at all on the other port on the laptop. Yet both ports work fine with every other device and the device itself works fine in any other PC

periferica sconosciuta I don't know what it is, but it sounds cool. Everything sounds cool in Latin

p.s. I know what it means
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-07-22 6:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Periferica Sconosciuta: Unknown device
Either way it's the cable. I think it is a USB 1.0, because from the technical specifications of the USB card, it supports USB 1.1 and USB 2.0.
I brought the cable on the PC with windows 10 and it has the same problem, both on the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
If I connect to the USB ports of the IBM it works fine. I believe it is a USB 1.0.
I will have to buy a USB cable. I think I'll go to the store, I don't want to buy it on the internet and wait.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-07-22 7:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think it's just a bad cable then. No one makes USB 1.0 cables, because USB 1.0 didn't support any extension cabling at all.

p.s. sounds like a right old mess you guys have over their politically
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9