x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rj45 LAN - Rd9700 Chipset Problem Driver

1 2 3 4 5 6
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-10 2:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

No problem, so much clone the disk and restore everything in a short time.
I tried windows 98 clean, same problem, I tried WIndows ME, same problem! Maybe they are not compatible. Yet it installs the drivers without errors.
I forgot, Windows ME is extremely responsive! How is it possible? WIndows 2000 was a slow, slow turtle. ME in comparison is a hare!
Yet it requires more resources!
WinME requires Pentium at 150 MHz and 32MB of ram.
Win2000 requires 133 MHz Pentium and 32MB of ram.

Should WinME be slower and not 2000, or am I missing something?

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-09-10 2:52 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-10 4:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Like I said the other week. It's about knowing why it is running slower. Was 2000 patched? Was it disk IO - NTFS is heavier as is the NTKernel, which makes use of more instruction sets that a P1 just won't have on die.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-10 7:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-09-10 4:11 PM

Like I said the other week. It's about knowing why it is running slower. Was 2000 patched? Was it disk IO - NTFS is heavier as is the NTKernel, which makes use of more instruction sets that a P1 just won't have on die.

Then I will try to format in fat32. And see if windows 2000 how it behaves. Always if it doesn't crash. So maybe I can solve the problem of the usb LAN adapter as well.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try and install from a SP4 integrated install CD if you can
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 3:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Thank you very much, in the end I did it! I also discovered the cause of the continuous crashes of window 2000. is the CF UDMA 7, which already with windows 95 and 98 gave problems with the enabling of the DMA, blocking everything.
I put the other CF and no Crash!
All installed on Fat32 and the operating system is usable! Compared to before it is a hare!
Question, how do i log in automatically to windows? without putting your name and password?
Another question, why does windows not shut down by itself? But the message appears: Can you turn off your computer now.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 3:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Logon: Control Panel > Users > Un-tick 'Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer'.

Shutdown: I've had this problem before on old hardware with NT. The NT Hal DLL doesn't like late AT systems or some early ATX ones. Sometimes it cannot be resolved because of the driver. Sometimes it can.

Try
Control Panel > Power Options > APM tab > check "Enable Advanced Power Management Support"
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 5:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-09-11 3:55 PM

Logon: Control Panel > Users > Un-tick 'Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer'.

Shutdown: I've had this problem before on old hardware with NT. The NT Hal DLL doesn't like late AT systems or some early ATX ones. Sometimes it cannot be resolved because of the driver. Sometimes it can.

Try
Control Panel > Power Options > APM tab > check "Enable Advanced Power Management Support"

Works! A thousand thanks!
Later or tomorrow, I'll get to work. Let's see if one of the two USB LAN adapters works better on windows 2000.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 6:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 6:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

No, obviously not.
BUT I found this out, what do you say?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-12 7:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try it
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-12 9:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Adapter installed. BUT same problem, I don't understand. On windows 10 it works here not .... Yet it is configured correctly.
Note: d-link des 1005d Switch this time lights up, but with yellow light, not green. This means a connection of not 100 but 10Mbps.

Both devices are installed correctly. I used a program to identify the hardware.
The drivers are correct, both those of Nilox (manufacturer Asix Electronix) and Kingleen (manufacturer Kontron Industrial Computers Source).
The Switch reports that kingleen has a 10Mbps connection speed, while the Nilox goes at 100Mbps.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-09-12 10:50 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-13 7:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

USB 2.0 to fast ethernet means that it can only run at a max of 100mbps. I take it you tried it at 10mbps?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-13 9:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I haven't tried anything. My every attempt to connect has failed.
I don't understand, what is blocking the connection?
Windows 98SE, does not surf even if everything is installed and configured.
Same thing for Windows ME, same thing for Windows 2000.
I have to assume that 'is something in my PC blocking everything?

EDIT:
I tried to install a Realtek Wirless Adapter from keyteck that my father uses on his PC with windows 10, to test it.
ID: USB \ VID_0BDA & PID_8171
I found the drivers installed correctly, but no idea how to connect it, the disconnected icon appears.
How does it connect to the internet, making it detect the network and enter the password?
If I click on the icon it gives me the option of Network and Dial-up Connections.
Windows sees it as a LAN ?? !!

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-09-13 9:51 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-13 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The USB controller is the obvious common element. It could just not like the dongle, it could be unable to power it properly. Does the USB card have a power connector on it?

Windows 2000 doesn't have a WZC service, it's down to the driver to install a connection management utility. You need Windows XP for WZC.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-09-13 8:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I found this:
https://superuser.com/questions/65622/how-to-setup-wifi-on-windows-2...
I had not installed the Realtek software, present in the installation folder. I had only installed the drivers but not the program.
This has the client software to make wifi work in Windows 2000.
After restarting the PC, however, it appears:
RtwLan.exe - The entry point could not be found
The procedure entry point WTSQueryUserToken could not be found in the dynamic link library WTSAPI21.dll.

Realtek 11n USB Wirless LAN Utility program does not start ....
Could it be due to a missing update?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.202 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9