x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

D-Link DE-660CT MobilePro 900 4.2

torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-07 5:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hi so I was trying to use the NE2000.dll driver under Windows CE 4.2 on my MobilePro 900 for my D-Link DE-660CT PCMCIA Ethernet card and while it does light up, it doesn’t show up in the system settings to load a connection.
The same card works under CE2.0 and 3.0 on my 700 and 790s respectively.
Is there anything else I can try ?
It didn’t work either under 3.0 for the 900 so I’m theorizing that perhaps this NE2000 arm driver doesn’t work with this particular card.
I’m between a rock and a hard place because Ethernet cards are obnoxiously expensive and it’s a pain to create a separate a separate “hotspot” for my Orinoco gold
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2022-09-11 10:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm not sure if it's of any use for you but OpenWRT might be capable of configuring 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio separately (literally two APs) even if stock router firmware is not. At least it's the case for me.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-18 4:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thanks for your advice. I do have a Raspberry Pi 1B I could try the hotspot with. I just find WLAN annoying to deal with H/PCs. I wish they supported WPA2 (my PowerPC Macs support WPA2).
I will consider it. I found an Ethernet card that wasn’t that expensive that I may try. (Socket LP-E)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 28