x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Socket LP-E 8510-00093C

torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-18 4:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hi I located this eBay listing and found that it’s not in the HCL. Do you think it’ll work with the NE2000 driver ? I may just take the plunge since I can return it if not. I was going to try it with my MobilePro 900 on CE.net4.2
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-18 4:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The LP-E is in the HCL, just not with that newer part number. It should work with NE2000 but there is also a specific 2.11 / 3.0 driver in the HCL.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-09-18 4:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Perfect! I did see that too so I did have a few options to try. If it works, should I submit it to the HCL or just utilize the older part number? My intent is not to spam the HCL of course haha
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-18 5:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please submit it, I might merge them all together into one record instead of the three there currently.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-12 4:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Is it worth purchasing this for around $63 USD?
(The same one in the OG post is still available)
It looks like they're hard to find these days
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-12 6:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well I think that's really down to how much value you define from having a CF ethernet adapter. Worth is subjective.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-12 6:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I'm not sure, for me, I just like ethernet to quickly sync the time with the NTP server, and then move on with my life. That's why I liked ethernet, because I could connect it quickly and be done. I find WLAN to be cumbersome for my purposes, since it involves booting/making my Pi into a hotspot then connecting that way
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-13 10:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I always preferred Ethernet ActiveSync. The benefit of the LPE is the CF card form factor. If you have a HP though, with the CF being on the bottom, it's rather useless as you need a CF/PCMCIA adapter anyway. So you may as well get a PC Card adapter in the first place. For other devices with a profile into the CF Slot, it is more useful as it leaves the PCMCIA slot open.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 24