x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[REQ:USA] Sync cables for the WorkPad z50

ict Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 5:50 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello,

I've dusted off my WorkPads again. I'd like to put a particularly neglected one to work as a serial console to an RS/6000 hiding in my closet but I've never been able to find a z50 sync cable (05K2823) or cradle (02K6143).

Does anyone know if there is still any place that sells cables, or if there were even ever any third-party equivalents that might be found online? Seems like a bit of a longshot, but maybe worth asking. Might just have to keep surfing eBay...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-12 1:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC:Bay and re-titled
 Top of the page
ict Page Icon Posted 2022-11-30 5:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I worded this one weirdly when I wrote it - I'm mainly curious if there are non-IBM cables that work with the Z50 that weren't actually intended for it but might be easier to find or even make, sort of like how you can use the same sync cable between some Casio, NEC and Vadem devices that share the same connector. I have my doubts since I've never seen the same serial connector on anything else before, but you never know...

That said, I'm definitely still in the market for an official cable or cradle if someone has a spare they wouldn't mind parting with. Thanks!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-01 6:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

After scouring Google for the serial cable for a bit tonight, with nothing coming up, I thought of something else:

I don't have much experience, but:
Have you thought of those PCMCIA serial i/o cards?

I don't know how they work, but those may be a possibility?
I don't know if they do ActiveSync, but I think they can connect.. obviously make sure the device you find is compatible in the HCL

Someone else may be able to say what the serial i/o cards can do...

Edited by torch 2022-12-01 6:52 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27