x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

(Question/Problem) ActiveSync

phoenixfireva Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 9:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So I got ActiveSync 3.8 running and a partnership created with my NEC MP 900 (.net 4.2)

Seemed to be working ok until my cat pulled the usb cable out while it was attempting to connect to the XP SP3 laptop.

Now on my MP I get a pop up box even after soft-resetting it.

Fatal Application Error

Application usbwait.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: usbwait.exe
Exception: 0xC000001C
Address: 90207D5C

It immediately pops up and locked the MP up tight. No screen or keyboard input works.

Any thoughts on how to get back functional without hard resetting and restoring from backup?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 10:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Try soft resetting a few times. I got that error too or something similar the other day after I was installing a bunch of programs to test / grab screenshots.
I think I was able to resolve without hard resetting

I just assumed it was a lack of RAM/Storage space error perhaps
Also remove any CF/PC cards
 Top of the page
phoenixfireva Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 10:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks torch. I have reset it about 15-20 times with no CF/PCMCIA cards inserted. The error box is the first thing to pop up and I cannot click ok or do anything. I do (thank goodness) have a backup from yesterday so really just the annoyance of having to reset and restore.

Will I have to delete my partnership and set up a new one after a hard reset?

S
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 10:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Correct you would need to create a new partnership. There’s a way to save some sort of registry key I believe you can backup the partnership but it sounds like that’s not possible obviously.

Top of the page
phoenixfireva Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 10:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for the advice. The last reset did a hard reset anyway so restoring my backup now.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9