x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Backup Calendar data in MP900/900C w/o ActiveSync?

Mr. Me Page Icon Posted 2022-10-28 6:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The most relevant information found on your site was "How to locate your Microsoft Outlook Folders (PST) File." Unfortunately don't have any of the OS's listed, and don't want to play back & forth with another computer thru IR, network, or Activesync. There must be a way to d/l the file(s) to a memory card but haven't been able to find it.

How can 20kb of data be entered into a pgm, the pgm be shut down, reopened and said data be searched for and found & there be no change in any file size?

Thanks in advance for your efforts.
Mr. Me
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-28 1:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"How to locate your Microsoft Outlook Folders (PST) File." < this CESD article is for Outlook on the PC, not Pocket Outlook.

PGM = program here?

What calendar app are you using?

Are you literally looking for a backup solution or are you really after an import/export solution?

there be no change in any file size

What file size are you expecting to change? CE usually uses an ADO database, there are no visible file system files for CE databases.
 Top of the page
Mr. Me Page Icon Posted 2022-10-28 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thx for the reply, it's much appreciated.

Am using the default/provided/standard calendar app that came the MP-900/900C's.

Am really confused by your question of "What file size are you expecting to change." The answer is: Don't know. That's why all the following from the "CMD" screen with everything else shut down.
* Used the "CMD" command "Attribute -r -a -s -h /s" at the root dir.
* Did a DIR /S /O:-D-S-N > ALLFILES.TXT
* Loaded ALLFILES.TXT into Word & looked for any file date & size changes.
Found no changes.

"My problem is, w/o getting mired down in symatics: Data enter & retrieved has/had to be stored somewhere. My logic is - it's not magic. It has to be stored somewhere & tf has to have changed something. Something has to change: Maybe not file size, it the memory block has been DIM'ed/preset/whateverd, but surely the time & date?? Especially if the unit is isolated. ????

Have a real need to have the entries b/u'ed. The MP's are the best solution found so far. Everything else today seems the require the web, thumb typing, questionable battery life, & have a life cycle from one holiday season to the next. Especially like the 'memo' field in the calendar. Not so much the arrow keys though. Please, how can one back up the data entered into the calendar w/o active sync. Thx.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-29 11:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9