x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lexmark Z54se power supply

NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-11-01 2:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I have a problem, my printer power supply is completely dead. Makes a weird little noise. I checked with the Tester it marks 0 or at most 2.0.
This is a 30V - 0.4A power supply
I attach pictures.
On ebay there are some, but I don't know which ones are right, with the correct feature for my printer. I am ignorant on the subject, can anyone help me? A thousand thanks!
https://postimg.cc/gallery/5x0tHsz
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-11-01 2:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just search . As long as it is 30v, 0.4A and positive on centre - which all of the ones on eBay UK are - it should be fine.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-11-01 3:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I'm worried about the attack that goes into the printer.
Before understanding if it was the power supply, I wanted to try another one, obviously less powerful, I know that it should not be used, but only to see if the printer turned on.
I found that even though the thread attachment looked the same, it did not fit into the printer as it was slightly thicker.
I wonder if these, which are sold, have the same connection as the cable, which goes into the printer!
Is there a way to tell if the girth is the right one?

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-11-01 3:02 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-11-01 3:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Usually, if it is the same model number then the barrel connector is the same.

You shouldn't under-volt electronics devices. Best case nothing will happen at all because the power delivery circuitry is not designed to power at that voltage i.e. no LED indicators. Worst case if they have a mosfet in the circuit, they can fail as a result and you blow up the entire circuit and any IC's on it.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-11-01 5:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK perfect. A thousand thanks!
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-11-08 1:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

The power supply has arrived. The printer turns on, but fails to print. He practically fails to take the card and freezes. The sheet of paper is inserted correctly into the paper slot. He tries to catch it, makes a lot of noise, but eventually freezes and gives the message of cards jammed. But there is no jammed paper. What is it due to?
I specify that the printer is practically new, used maybe 10 times.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-11-08 2:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it isn't tray size / height then, given its age, it probably has decayed feed rollers. Rubber doesn't last forever. Check the paper feed mechanisms.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-11-09 1:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I think you are right. I spoke to the technician and he said the same thing. The rubber is worn out. Such a pity!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8