x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Was There Ever Joy b/w Kingsun IR KS-959 and XP SP3?

1 2
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-12-03 2:52 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I hope it works out.
My experience with infrared was pretty terrible.

I think I could connect to XP once after many retries etc., but Pocket PC to Pocket PC (Casio E-700WE to Casio E-125) worked. As Jake said, I think ActiveSync may be the culprit in this problem. Oh yes, that reminds me, I think new versions of ActiveSync doesn't work on some devices. Try downgrading or upgrading, which may solve the problem.... (Good luck!)

-stingraze
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-03 2:53 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Honestly if it weren’t for my MobilePro 700
I’d just use ActiveSync 4.5 and move on with my life. But alas I’m stuck with 3.8. I never had a problem with 4.5 other than the required os version
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-12-03 6:29 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Good to know.

I think things get complicated when you try to use other devices like Pocket PC, Windows Mobile and Handheld PCs together.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2022-12-03 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
torch, what a kind offer. I can't take you up on it--I have no idea if this thing even works, and I don't own SP1/SP2 to install and check. If we swapped and it didn't work for you, I'd have to go to nunnery or something. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that my one working ir adapter doesn't quit.

But I very much appreciate the thought,
Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-03 4:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It’s up to you. If it works on XP SP3, it’s 99% likely it’ll work on 2000. Just keep me in mind if something comes up and my offer still stands
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8