x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 10 and CF Card Issues?

thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-11-24 2:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Has anyone else had issues with writing CF cards from Windows 10? Using a USB multi-card reader...it was working fine a few days ago, but recently anything I write to the CF card shows up on my NEC MobilePro but is not accessible (can't read or write the file). This is a huge pain because now I can't save software to the CF card from Windows. Seems to work fine from my Linux box. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-11-24 3:05 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Check here
https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200061/compact_flash_cf_cards_and_handheld_pcs/
And here
https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200205/maximum_supported_memory_card_file_sizes_under_windows_ce/
Make sure cluster sizes are correct per your CE version
Also CE is wonky with read only in my experience. Make sure read only and archive are unchecked when using files in the properties
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-11-24 3:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Thanks torch, I'll dive into these.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-11-25 3:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't had any issue with files marked 'archive' and 'read-only' in any CE devices, though I've never formatted any CF cards on any PCs with anything newer than Windows 7. Marking CAB files read-only is actually convenient for me so the CAB file isn't deleted after being extracted and installed.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-11-25 3:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

The read only flag hasn't seemed to be an issue for me either but I think torch nailed it on the size issue. I reformatted my cf card to 8gb (from 16) and haven't had any more issues so far (fingers crossed).
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-11-25 4:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I forgot that I only have that issue on Windows CE 2.0 with the "archive" and "readonly" flags.. yeah my newer devices don't have that problem
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9