x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New nPOPuk Release + OpenSSL / CE Testers Needed!

« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-04 5:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I don’t know much about the differences between 4.1 and 4.2 but are you able to change the required os version to be 4.1 since you have the code ? That way we can figure out what actually is the blocking issue as opposed to a simple os version check?
Does that make sense?
Maybe C:Amie can chime in on the api differences between 4.1 and 4.2?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-04 6:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you set the compiler target to 4.2, then the PE header will prevent execution and throw an incompatibility error on 4.1 or lower. There is probably little C++ WinCE / MFC difference between 4.1 and 4.2; while there will be some, I'll go out on a limb and assume it's mostly lower level and hardware related.
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 10:31 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

This is a release for MIPS II whose target OS is set to CE 4.10.
MIPS_II_001: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3bxyyotlpj1ikdg/AADwVNAjIiLbygKw-dgxw1bea
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 8:05 PM
#
Avatar image of DutchComputerKid
Factorite (Junior)

soju - 2023-01-05 10:31 AM

MIPS_II_001: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3bxyyotlpj1ikdg/AADwVNAjIiLbygKw-dgxw1bea

Interesting, so it launches fine, MIPS_II_000 did not open at all, not even an icon.
But it seems like the moment any network access begins, the CPU gets to 100% and nPOPuk just sits there doing nothing. For maybe, 5 minutes if not longer.
Nothing in the logs, no status updates in nPOPuk's main U.I window, nothing. Even needed a cold reset as the whole system just came to a halt. Selecting an icon would take a minute or more.

Any clues why this happens? (Discord link to image)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 8:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

DutchComputerKid - 2023-01-05 1:05 PM

soju - 2023-01-05 10:31 AM

Interesting, so it launches fine, MIPS_II_000 did not open at all, not even an icon.
But it seems like the moment any network access begins, the CPU gets to 100% and nPOPuk just sits there doing nothing. For maybe, 5 minutes if not longer.
Nothing in the logs, no status updates in nPOPuk's main U.I window, nothing. Even needed a cold reset as the whole system just came to a halt. Selecting an icon would take a minute or more.

Three questions for you:
1-can you run MIPS_II_000 and 001 through this https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1398/Hou_Ming/Executability_Check/version_1.03 and report what dependencies pop up ?

2-can you try copying the builds to the desktop or just directly to the device ? There’s a faq for Npopuk somewhere saying it can perform better on device since it doesn’t have to wait on the storage card

3-can you try maximizing the available program memory slider to the highest you can get away with (thus giving Npopuk more available ram)

Question for camie and soju:
4-I think DutchComputerKid’s device is MIPSIV. Would - specific MIPS 4 build perhaps offer better performance? So soju, you’d do the same build for MIPS_II_001 but compile instead for MIPS 4 but for ce 4.1?
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 11:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Three questions for you:
1-can you run MIPS_II_000 and 001 through this https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1398/Hou_Ming/Executability_Check/version_1.03 and report what dependencies pop up ?

2-can you try copying the builds to the desktop or just directly to the device ? There’s a faq for Npopuk somewhere saying it can perform better on device since it doesn’t have to wait on the storage card

3-can you try maximizing the available program memory slider to the highest you can get away with (thus giving Npopuk more available ram)

1. Okay so, MIPS_II_000 just comes up with "requires OS version 4.20. OS version of this machine is 4.10", as expected. Thanks Siemens.
The other comes up with nothing.

2. Fully formatted my CF, copied MIPS_II_001 over, and tried again using the same INI file with my email login. I got a "Connection failed" to pop up with no elaboration after forcing TLS 1.2 on POP3, but after that it just hangs again for no reason. Nothing in the logs either, no idea. That whole shebang took 7 warm resets.

3. That slider was already set to basically max by default, leaving 55MB of RAM for software. ResInfo shows nPOPuk to be eating only a meg or so was in use, eating CPU for breakfast.

And yes, this is a MIPS 4000 device, the CPU in question is an NEC VR4121 @ 133mHz.

Edited by DutchComputerKid 2023-01-05 11:08 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 11:13 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you put the ca.pem file in your root directory? NOT in /Windows
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 11:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes I did, and enabling/disabling verification makes no difference.
Did test that in case TLS calculations were the problem, but that does not seem to be the case.

Edited by DutchComputerKid 2023-01-05 11:36 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-05 11:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry about that. Just trying to think.

I hope maybe a MIPSIV build would work better for you because i think there’s more overhead with MIPS II on IV

Unrelated : What is your model number ? I noticed your device isn’t in the census. I’ll add it for you tonight
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 9:53 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Device in question is a Siemens MOBIC T8 (Version 1.2)

800x600 TFT LCD, 133mHz NEC CPU, 64MB RAM instead of 32MB on older versions.
Firmware upgrade is from CE 3.0 to 4.10.5, but the 3.0 firmware is no longer downloadable.
Dual single-thickness PCMCIA slots, USB, Infrared, supplemental 5V capable serial port for powering things.
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 11:34 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I think NEC VR4121 is MIPS III MPU.
https://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/NEC_VR4121
Even if that were the case, MIPS IV has backward compatibility for MIPS II: MIPS IV codes works better, but for me it doesn't seem to make such a fatal overhead.

So I'm not sure if it works on your device, anyway please try this MIPS IV build.
MIPS_IV_000: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5a3x66yeimhdcn/AABqvZng9kEBnYV1rgLXnWzLa

Edited by soju 2023-01-06 11:36 AM
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 11:43 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Which type of network interface are you using, WiFi or DialUp?
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 12:32 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

soju - 2023-01-06 11:34 AM

I think NEC VR4121 is MIPS III MPU.
https://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/NEC_VR4121
Even if that were the case, MIPS IV has backward compatibility for MIPS II: MIPS IV codes works better, but for me it doesn't seem to make such a fatal overhead.

So I'm not sure if it works on your device, anyway please try this MIPS IV build.
MIPS_IV_000: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l5a3x66yeimhdcn/AABqvZng9kEBnYV1rgLXnWzLa

Odd, "nPOPuk is not a valid Windows CE application". The CPU model is what ResInfo reported, and looking on siemens industrial support it does mention running an NEC VR4121. So, is it really a MIPS III tablet?
(ue_thinclient_eh.pdf; Thin-Client Solutions based on the WinCC Web Navigator V1.1)

Not sure why, anyhow. ExecutabilityCheck comes back with CE 4.10 as expected, and "S M COREDLL.DLL"

soju - 2023-01-06 11:43 AM

Which type of network interface are you using, WiFi or DialUp?

Since I dont have the Siemens CP1515 WiFi card the tablet came with I just hook into the built-in LAN port.

Edit:
A couple findings;
1. npopuk305ssl_wce211mips.zip works and can log in to Hotmail, but not to mailbox.org. Since mailbox is blocking older devices from sending email even though the customer support does not know why I just removed them. I am able to receive and send emails using this version but verification is not fixed yet in that zip so does not work yet.
What MIPS version is this compiled for anyway?
2. I tried H-Bomb's MIPS 4000 and 3000 cab files, both run and install just fine. There is conflicting information about the CPU in this tablet, some say it can do R4000, others say it cannot.

Edited by DutchComputerKid 2023-01-06 1:11 PM
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 1:08 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

May I ask you to add "EnableLAN=1" to ini file and try again with MIPS_II_001?
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2023-01-06 1:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

soju - 2023-01-06 1:08 PM

May I ask you to add "EnableLAN=1" to ini file and try again with MIPS_II_001?

No change, tried to EnableLAN=1, The WiFi config, tried moving the whole set to internal memory again and changing the .ini to look for the new location but no luck.
Hotmail and mailbox both just get stuck, and the longer nPOPuk remains open the slower the tablet seems to get.
Removing mailbox as mentioned in the other post' edit has no change.

Edit: Looking around, this uses to the same CPU as the NEC MobilePro 780 and 770, which here on HPCFactor are listed as MIPS 4000 capable,

Edited by DutchComputerKid 2023-01-06 1:35 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10