x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compilepalooza!

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2024-03-16 11:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

https://microsoft.public.smartphone.developer.narkive.com/cMCi6iRC/f...

thats very weird
Try
Project->Settings->Resources
make sure the 'Ignore standard include paths' is not ticked. then try
adding the path to the file to the 'additional includes' box.

riki

Maybe try the advice given at that URL?

-stingraze
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-16 11:47 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You should really test the modified source code for all CPU architectures and then release it as a new build of the app iassumibg that it works. Plus you should submit the change back to GitHub.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-16 6:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I think we have a slight change in opinion but let me fully explain my thoughts and maybe we can come to a compromise.
0-all of the x86 programs I compiled the last few days work on x86 except for Phyllis but I was reserving judgment until/if IDFB has a chance to test on her device.
1-In my experience, most programs I compile that are fairly simple, not an emulator or otherwise dependency heavy about 80% of the time just indeed do work (obviously assuming they compile successfully). I only compile for cpu architectures or versions not previously available. For example x86 or trying the CE2.0 EVT SDK for MIPS, etc.
I have stopped trying to do the complicated programs because it’s too much effort and beyond my knowledge/scope.
2-I have been testing the builds on the devices I have but some I’ll never have (for example when I add builds for SH3/SH4/or CE4+ MIPS). Generally speaking if it works on x86 it should most likely work on those others. But I will delete them if they don’t work. I’ve been adding to the SCL with the verbiage you gave me “ProgramName-CE300-X86-beta”.
3-generally speaking, there’s three situations for compiling the code on new architectures
3-i : code compiles successfully with no modifications other than “adding a new configuration”
3-ii: code compiles successfully after adding a new configuration plus a minor code / line change (like the HPEN issue you helped me solve)
3-iii : code compiles successfully after anything more than minor work. Example what @thenzero did to get Hot Death Uno running.

So in short:
I agree that situations 3-ii and 3-iii should have their source code both be in the Github. In which case I’ll start working on those this week.
I agree that situation 3-iii actually warrants a new “beta release version tag” separate from the original version in the scl. Just like Hot Death Uno. Or like that npopuk.next.

Or I could going forward have both situations 3-ii and 3-iii go into a separate scl version listing. I was just worried it would clog up the scl if the versions are effectively 99% the same

I always respect you and will follow your final say. I just wanted to explain my perspective on the matter.

Edited by torch 2024-03-16 6:45 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-16 7:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have to change the source code to get it to work, then you are patching a bug. So if it works on all devices, it should go to the HPC:Factor GitHub and forked back into the main branch by the original maintainer if they will take it.

The chances are in this case that you were using the CE 3 compiler, not the 2.11 - though I am not sure why the 2.11 compiler would allow an uncast void pointer unless the dev had suppressed it.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-21 6:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sounds good. I have Github Desktop installed. I don't think I'm a member of HPC-Factor since it doesn't look like I have access to use Github Desktop to clone repository into HPC-Factor. my username on Github is greyfrontier
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-21 7:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Invitation re-sent (you've never accepted any of the ones I've sent in the past)

Small repositories can be created through the web ui.
It is worth doing a quick search to ensure the source isn't already on - and don't forget the license
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-02 6:05 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, bear with me, I'm still new to this, but I do have the Github desktop client installed
How would I:
1-Fork this https://github.com/seligman/wince_archive into HPC:Factor's Repository? Then I could work on the whole archive?
1a-Would I fork the whole thing and work on the whole thing, or work on one program at a time, creating separate entries for all?
I basically want to figure out how to "show my work" and do this right for the below listed compiled new versions I made from Seligman/WinCEarchive

Sound Control 1.0 added CE2.0 MIPS/SH3 binaries + CE 2.11 ARM/SH3/SH4 binaries

New Shortcut added CE2.0 MIPS/SH3 binaries + CE2.11 SH4 binary + CE3.0 X86 Binary

Power Off added CE 2.0 MIPS/SH3 binaries + CE2.11 SH4 binary + CE3.0 x86 Binary

Random Names added CE2.0 MIPS/SH3 binaries + CE2.11 ARM+SH4 binaries + CE3.0 x86 Binary

Once I figure this out, I'll retroactively go through and see what else I had compiled in the past
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-04-02 9:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You see really the archive should be one app per repository endpoint, not one endpoint with multiple apps.

It might be easier to download each app, re-upload it into the HPC:F GH and give attribution and a link in the documentation because in reality seligman won't be able to fork it back very cleanly anyway.

Each app could use a description in its own application over what it is as currently there are none.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8