x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Key removal on the MobilePro 780

thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 1:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Just got the remap program and would like to move my arrow keys to match the swapped configuration. Do the mobilepro keyboard keys pop off easily (e.g. with a key puller)? I could just try it but I don't want to screw them up or break something.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 3:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I don't know how different the 900 keyboard tech is but I found this:
https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11091&st...
Obviously others know more than I - just wanted to send what I could find
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 3:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Well that gives me enough confidence to try removing one of the caps. Thank you.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 4:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I was able to swap my key caps around successfully with a few notes:

For anyone considering this experiment in the future-

1. If using a key puller, turn it so that the pulling arms are to the left and right, not top and bottom of the key. That way you're just pulling on the key cap, not the little plastic doohickey underneath it.
2. the Up/PgUp key is distinctly WIDER than the ?/ key and it doesn't really fit there very well. It intereferes with the action of the >. and Shift/Num keys on either side of it. For that reason I suggest using overlay stickers instead of swapping key caps.

EDIT: I should also mention, ReMap has a bug that causes all of the Alt Home/PgUp/PgDown/End key combos not to work at all! For that reason, I suggest using OKey to accomplish the same thing without losing the Alt functionality. This is another reason to use stickers as well- the alt functionality won't move with the swap.
One final note- doing this will also remap the wheel on the MobilePro if you have it set to Up/Down (as I do) instead of the default PgUp/PgDown.

Edited by thenzero 2022-12-05 4:28 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 4:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

One final, final note: Another alternative, if you don't like the default layout, is to swap the keys around so that each of the up/down and left/right are next to each other instead of Left/Up/Down/Right which I find non-intuitive. That way the arrow keys remain on the same row and are of the correct size but you get a more intuitive layout.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-10 7:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

thenzero - 2022-12-05 9:25 AM
One final note- doing this will also remap the wheel on the MobilePro if you have it set to Up/Down (as I do) instead of the default PgUp/PgDown.

I assume the program overrides whatever setting you have set in the "MobilePro Settings" control panel applet?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 26